XXX. BEARABLE

CHAPTER THIRTY
"bearable"

It had been a week since the Battle of Earth

It had been a week since the Battle of Earth. Everyone went home that day, back to their families and friends. Everything was perfectly fine and back to how it all was before. It finally felt peaceful, but not for Jade.

She helped take Tony up to what was left of the Avengers facility, but she left right after, back to the battlefield. She stayed out all night, she refused to leave until the pain in her chest left. She didn't know why she needed to stay out on the field instead of the compound, but it didn't feel right— she wanted to be alone.

She had just gotten everything back; her life, her family, Peter, her dad— and now the one thing that's never left her side, never abandoned her, and always loved her no matter what— was gone.

She had so much she wanted to talk to him about, things to do together, and now— they're all gone.

At first, she leaned herself against the piece of rock where Tony took his last breath, crying softly, all her thoughts running through her head at once. Then after a while, she became overwhelmed with everything and blew the spot up, leaving a giant hole where the rock once stood.

She threw lightning bolts at every piece of rock she could find, destroying the land even more. But she didn't care, nothing mattered at that moment, the only thing that matter was getting herself to feel better.

After hours of throwing lightning around and then laying on the ground crying, then throwing more lightning, Wanda came out.

She flew down from the compound, clean and in new clothes. Jade almost blew her up, sensing something coming towards her, and threw a bolt right at the figure, but luckily, Wanda kept a force field up around her until she knew Jade saw her.

Jade's eyes widened when she saw it was Wanda. She covered her mouth with her hands and stood still for a moment. She almost hurt Wanda.

"You okay?" Wanda asked, her red shield deforming from around her.

She didn't answer, she turned her back towards Wanda and tried to calm down since she wasn't alone anymore. She looked up and spotted a piece of rock in the distance. She hated seeing it— all the rocks just reminder her more of what was happening and she wanted them all gone. But what she didn't notice was that the more she destroyed, the more she created.

She threw a bolt at the rock, watching it blow up, pieces flying everywhere and raining from the sky. Some flew towards Wanda, but she easily blocked them with her magic.

"I'll take that as a no," she chuckled lightly but stopped when Jade just stood there and didn't move. Neither knew, but Jade's eyes were glowing a blinding white color, sparks like lightning flashing in her eyes. Wanda could see a small light coming off of Jade, she started walking closer to her, slowly.