II. SINCE THE BEGINNING

CHAPTER TWO
"since the beginning"

The time came for school to start back and so far— nothing strange had happened to Jade, yet

The time came for school to start back and so far— nothing strange had happened to Jade, yet. But she knew by the end of the day that would change.

She tried to act as normal as possible when she arrived at school, she felt like she had been gone for so long that everything had changed, and it was.

Somehow, everyone in the school heard about Jade missing for two days because they kept giving her weird looks and it was a lot of everyone's conversations as she passed by them.

She ignored it, she had too many thoughts running through her mind to really pay attention to it.

She read through all the books Wong and Strange had given her during break. She even tried looking up as much as she could on the internet— wasn't much of a help since many didn't fit the descriptions of the books.

Jade dreaded the day coming to an end, she didn't know what to expect and she was nervous. And to stress Jade even more, Michelle wanted to hang out after school.

"I can't," Jade said, wide-eyed.

"Why not?" Michelle asked sadly, Jade never turned down an opportunity to hang out.

"I have— uh, lessons," She said with a forced smile. It wasn't all a lie, at least that's what Unknown told her it would be.

"Lessons for what?"

"Lessons for..." she paused, trying to think of something that didn't relate to magic or superpowers. "Lessons on... safe sex?"

It was so awkward to say, to even think, but it was the first thing that came to her mind so she went with it. But Michelle laughed, hard.

"Is that your dad's idea?" She asked after she calmed down some.

"Yeah, he thought it was... necessary,"

"Okay, well, you have fun with that," Michelle said, starting to laugh again. "I'll see you tomorrow." And she walked off.

Jade took a bus to Bleecker Street and tried finding the building again. She didn't remember the number part of the address, but she didn't really need to. A large building, with the same symbol that was on Strange's necklace, stuck out like a sore thumb.

"This has to be it," she mumbled to herself.

Trying not to get unwanted attention, she walked across the street and up the few steps and knocked. But instead of it being a normal door, on her third knock, it took her inside and she was standing in front of Unknown.

She wobbled a little, trying to regain some balance. She looked around the room and noticed Strange and Wong standing over to the side of Unknown.