XL. FRENCH STUFF

CHAPTER FORTY
"french stuff"

CHAPTER FORTY "french stuff"

"It's aliens. It has to be!"

The students of Midtown were all downstairs at their hotel watching the news that covered the events of the day. Michelle and Jade were sitting on the stairs together, watching everyone.

"Buzzfeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers," Flash said, reading an article off his phone.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet," Michelle said, scrunching her eyebrows together.

"Spider-Man could take him," Flash mumbled.

"Iron Lightning was out there, though," Brad said, arms crossed. "We were so close— Harry even spoke to her!"

Harry smirked, tilting his head down and chuckled a bit. He never blushed, or looked like he was embarrassed, he was chill. He eyed over at Jade, whose head was faced towards her lap as she groaned.

Michelle nudged Jade's arm and smirked at her, "I think the boys have a crush on you," she whispered.

"Iron Lightning," Jade looked up. Michelle rolled her eyes.

"She looked so hot!" Flash said, pulling up the live video he got from the scene, showing everyone. "And her new suit was even cooler in person."

"You guys are lame," Michelle called, making everyone else laugh.

"Who even is that guy?" Betty asked, standing beside Ned and having a hand on his shoulder.

News flash; Ned and Betty are a couple. It was fast and weird in Jade's opinion, but she was more worried about how Michelle was feeling. She hasn't said anything about it yet though.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one," Brad said.

"You're thinking of Iron Lightning," Harry corrected, speaking up for the first time in a while.

"Right!" Brad said quickly, pointing a finger at Harry.

Flash scoffs, "He's all right. He's no Spider-Man,"

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" Michelle asked suddenly.

"What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood, and you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man," he explained.

Then Peter showed up, standing beside the staircase. Jade smiled at him, even though he didn't notice.

"'Sup, dickwad? Thought you drowned," Flash said towards Peter, winking.

Jade groaned at Flash's attitude, wishing she had something to throw at him. The class listened in on the news, the woman speaking Italian so most couldn't understand her.