XLII. RETINAL AND BIOMETIC SCAN

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
"retinal and biometric scan"

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO"retinal and biometric scan"

"You let a mission go?!"

"I thought you wouldn't want me leaving!"

"That was before we knew about a fire monster that'll destroy the Earth!" Michelle whispered harshly.

Jade had just finished telling Michelle everything that happened the night before after she passed out. She left out the part where Spider-Man was involved, only mentioning her and Beck being in the wanted mission.

"... Okayyy," Jade dragged out nervously, not saying anything for a moment. "I didn't know what to do! Everything about it seemed weird. My powers weren't doing what they normally do yesterday when we were fighting the thing— and it may have been because it was water, but the new guy's powers were working perfectly fine! It didn't feel right to me... I could feel something was off..."

"Your powers were acting different than normal," Michelle said, zoning off to her thinking mode.

"Plus, I wasn't going to waste this vacation and ruin my plans with Peter— you know that. Fury has that Mysterio guy anyways, he doesn't need me," Jade said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Of course not," Michelle answered sarcastically.

"Who would choose Prague over Paris?" Jade laughed. Then that's when everything really went downhill.

"Good news! We're going to Prague!" Mr. Harrington suddenly appears out of the hotel building.

"What?" Jade asked lowly, only she and Michelle could hear her.

"Prague?"

"Yeah, tour company called. They upgraded us," Mr. Harrington said, turning to Peter and Ned. "You should've heard me on the phone with them. I really gave them hell."

"All I heard was crying," Mr. Dell said.

"Come on, they said we're taking a van ride!" Mr. Harrington said and ushered everyone around a corner. "Look at our upgraded ride!"

"I'm impressed, Mr. Harrington!" Mr. Dell said.

"Jade?" Michelle asked, confused when she saw the brand new, black van they were going to be riding.

"Fury," Jade groaned lowly, throwing her head back. "He's making me go to Prague now."

"I guess it's fate," Michelle chuckled but noticed Jade wasn't going to joke back with her. "If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't want anyone else saving the world if you weren't involved." Then continued onto the bus.

"Yay," Jade said unenthusiastically, but smiled at the compliment. "I'm sure you'd like it if T'Challa was involved."

"You know it," Michelle turned back and winked at her, crossing her arms across her chest.