XX. BASICALLY LIGHTNING

CHAPTER TWENTY
"basically lightning"

The view of a dark— depressing looking— sky was nothing new for Jade

The view of a dark— depressing looking— sky was nothing new for Jade. Another loud ring echoed for the third time since she's been in the Soul Realm. Although, she couldn't hear it very well from her ears ringing.

She had been thrown into the ground once again by Unknown who had hit her with a Whirling Winds Watoomb spell. Jade was supposed to block it and hit Unknown with something else but kept getting caught off guard— this has been the second time it's happened.

"There's nothing to distract you here, what is going on?" Realm Keeper yelled angrily towards Jade and gave a look to Unknown.

"Jade, you can get up now," Unknown shrugged Red off (it was a nickname they gave him) walking towards Jade.

Jade ignored her and continued laying on the ground, staring at the sky. It wasn't on purpose, she was sorta in a trance.

As scary as this place should be, Jade found it kinda peaceful. She hasn't been able to think about what's happening to her right now, she was in deep thought about her dad, about how he was or if he even knew what was happening. She also thought about Peter and how Unknown never said anything about him— was he okay? Did he get snapped? Or... killed? She didn't want to think about him like that, but all the good thoughts weren't coming to her. 

"Jade!" Unknown shouted for the fourth time.

Jade's eye widened, she never noticed her standing there, "Huh?" She asked.

"You need to get up," Unknown said. "We don't have a lot of time and we definitely can't have you laying on the ground staring at nothing."

"Okay..." Jade mumbled gloomily and got up, shaking her head. "Let's go again."

Unknown smiled lightly and waved her arms, creating another Watoomb spell and threw it at Jade, but instead of blocking it (like she was supposed to), she was thrown into the ground again.

"Jade! What is going on?! You say you're ready but you're not! We really don't have time— this isn't like when we first met!" Unknown walked over to Jade and grabbed her arm, pulling her up from the ground harshly.

Jade gasped as she pulled on her, not expecting her to get so frustrated, "I know! I'm sorry! I'm just not in the mindset right now, I guess," she said pulling her arm back and wrapping them around herself.

She tilted her head down and stared at the ground this time, she didn't want to cry in front of them but a tear ended up rolling down her cheek. She hated being yelled at, even if she might have deserved it.

"Jade?" Unknown asked softly.

Jade took a deep breath and wiped her face before looking up, "Yeah?"