LXIX. WALKING CORPSE

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
"walking corpse"

The portal Jade opened showed the front of the FEAST facility

The portal Jade opened showed the front of the FEAST facility. Her and Peter wasted no time in jumping through and running into the building to find May.

Peter ran through the door first, "May! Where's May?!" He asked.

Someone pointed to the other side where the kitchen was and Peter thanked them, running through the doors. Jade followed behind him and once they made it into the kitchen, Jade could see someone, wearing green and purple, sitting with May.

"Ah! Hey— there he is!" May smiled brightly at the two. "Norman, this is my nephew and his girlfriend."

Jade's eyes widened, is that who—?

"Norman Osborn?" Peter answered for her. "I thought that you were—?"

"I saw Spider-Man, in an ad for this place... and I thought he could help me," Norman said. He gave the two teens a confused look. "But you're not him."

"Wait, so you want Spider-Man's help?" Peter asked.

"He-he— He just wandered in," May stuttered, looking back at him with worry.

"I didn't know where else to go..." Norman sighed. "Someone's living in my house... Oscorp doesn't exist... my son..."

Jade looks at Peter, the poor man was heartbroken. This couldn't be the Norman Osborn that Doctor Octavius was talking about.

"Sometimes, I'm not myself. I'm ... someone else! And every time he's in control, I can't remember—"

"Who is that— who's in control?" May tried interrupting.

"Now I'm here— in this place— this city— and—"

"Norman, who's in control?"

"I don't— I don't know what's going on with me! I-I don't—... It doesn't make sense." Norman stuttered.

May stood up, a sign of giving up for a second. She walked over to Peter and Jade and started whispering.

"He's lost," She dragged out. "And I don't mean just in the cosmos, I mean in his mind. Are they all like this?"

"Yeah," Peter sighed.

May looked down, "Yeah?"

"I mean, they all have their own mental and physical issues," Peter explained.

"Well, maybe he needs help— maybe they all do," May said.

Peter gave her a confused look, "What— you don't mean... No, May, this— this is not my problem!"

"Peter, not your problem? Hm?" May asked, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"May," Peter started. "Their chance of getting help is way better back where they came from. Sending them home? That's the best thing that we can do for them."