XVI. FIVE YEARS LATER

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"five years later"

As time went on, Tony got better— physical health-wise

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

As time went on, Tony got better— physical health-wise. They had a small funeral for Jade and memorial for the fallen along with it, then once it was all over, everyone split ways.

Tony was broken. His baby girl, his princess, his other half— gone. He didn't want to believe it, not many wanted to.

Tony and Pepper bought a farmhouse on a lake, excluded from city limits and even the Compound grounds. It was the perfect spot.

The apartment complex Jade lived in before called Pepper a day or two after her funeral, they were throwing out everything in the apartment of all the disappeared people, unless someone related could pick it up. Tony didn't want to go, he didn't want to see all of Jade's stuff— her clothes, her amazing technology, and life's work— he'd be reminded that she wasn't here.

But Pepper made him, hoping it would tell Tony she's gone. They had some movers help pack everything up and taken to their new house. The house had four bedrooms, one was a nursery for their new baby coming, their room, a guest— and lastly— Jade's.

Even though the room would never be used, Tony liked the idea of having it, like she would come back home one day and it would always be there for her.

When the movers and Pepper fixed the room up, Tony took one last look at it and closed the door.

The memory of Jade was never forgotten though, even when their new baby was born (they named her Morgan). Tony told stories about Jade all the time, even when Morgan couldn't understand what everything meant.

By the time Morgan could talk, all she wanted to do was hear about Jade and everything she use to do and Tony would always take the time to tell her.

It's now been five years since Jade passed and not a day goes by where he doesn't think about her. Sometimes it's a good day and sometimes it's a bad day, but Tony keeps going— for Morgan.

Right now, Tony was in his kitchen with Pepper as she was making lunch for the three.

"Are these our gojis?" Tony asked taking a few goji berries and popping them into his mouth.

"They are not," Pepper laughed, continuing her cooking.

"What's wrong with ours?" He asked confused.

"Your alpaca ate them all," Pepper said, looking up at him for a moment.

"Oh!" Tony laughed.