LXXII. JUST ME AND YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
"just you and me"

Jade still couldn't get the trials to work right for the Osborn serum

Jade still couldn't get the trials to work right for the Osborn serum. It was now late, starting to get dark outside and Norman Osborn was helping with the serum as well.

But Jade couldn't help but have a weird feeling about him. She didn't know if it was because she was scared of him or if it was because there was actually something going on. He had mentioned before that something was making him do things, and by the way other Harry was being, Jade guessed they had a split personality problem that came along with their powers.

She couldn't prove it with Osborn though because he hasn't shown signs of being different like Harry has, but her gut was never wrong so she was not going to let her guard down.

"Jade, please let me help. One try is all I want and I will leave you alone," Harry said.

Jade looked at him, eyes squinting as she looked over at Osborn writing on the pin board. Doctor Octavius was in the laundry room as well, watching the fabricator finish up the last serum bottle for when the formula was right. She sighed, she could use a break for a second and when he gets it wrong she could at least work with something new.

She handed the controls to other Harry and he typed in something fast, as if he knew exactly what to do. "Go," he told VERONICA and the trial began, slowly loading and when it finished the letters and numbers were green this time, showing it was correct.

"99.98% success rate, Mr. Osborn," VERONICA said.

Jade's mouth fell wide open, she couldn't believe it. She could have saved so much time if he did this earlier. Now she wanted to punch herself in the stomach for not trusting Harry.

"I told you," Harry smirked, handing the controls back after watching the newly improved serum fill one bottle. "Will you do the honors?" He asked, handing Jade the injectable.

"What did you do?" She asked, grabbing the injectable and analyzing it.

"It's a stabilizer," Harry said. "It's going to fix my split personality trait while I can still have these powers. At least that's what's supposed to happen."

"Supposed to happen?" Jade asked.

"99.98%. That means 0.02% of this could be wrong. But we have to test it out somehow so I'll be the test subject," Harry explained.

He was so nice about it, he didn't sound rude or cocky. It made Jade smile. She looked towards Otto and he was smiling as well. Who knew Otto was such a happy guy?

But when Jade looked at Norman, he looked glum.

"How does it feel, Norman? You're about to become whole again. No more darker half. Just you," Otto said.

"Just me?" Osborn said in a somber tone. Jade definitely didn't like that.

She held out her hand for Harry, he laid his arm in her hand and she took a deep breath before sticking the needle in his arm and pushing the serum into his body.