LXVII. SCOOBY-DOO

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
"scooby-doo"

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN"scooby-doo"

"Veronica?"

No answer.

"V? Can you hear me?"

Again, no answer.

"What the hell," the blonde groaned quietly, looking down at her chest plate.

She violently tapped in the correct rhythm where the arc reactor sat and her suit fully opened. She huffed again as she stepped out and walked behind it, kneeling down to the right calf. She pulled back the metal and looked at the controls, disconnected.

That's impossible, she thought. As long as I'm on earth there should always be a connection.

She sighed deeply, standing back up. Then she completely stopped.

Where am I? She thought. How did I even get here?

She looked around with wide eyes, she was in a random alleyway, but it didn't look like any she's ever seen. The last thing she could remember was getting into an argument with Harry and... what happened next?

Panic slowly started creeping in on her, what's going on?!

She quickly disassembled her Iron Suit and connected the arc to her chest, running out the alleyway. Once she was on the streets she knew something wasn't right.

Is this even New York? What the hell is going on? Am I dreaming?

She looked at the closest store and saw the name; Delmar's Deli. She smiled at the familiar name, although it didn't look the same, she thought she'd go in.

As expected, the store looked completely different, but at the same time, she recognized it as the Deli she knew. This has to be in a dream— this is how dreams work. She looked around like she always did, trying to search out the fluffy cat named Murph.

"Meow,"

She turned her head fast and looked down at the animal snuggling against her leg. Murph.

"Murph?" She asked, squatting down to the cat's level. It snuggled against her hand as if he's known her forever.

"Welcome to Delmar's! Can I get you anything?" A friendly voice called from behind the counter.

She looked up— the man was different, yet she knew it was Mr. Delmar. She wondered...

"I found this cat on aisle three, is he for sale?"

Mr. Delmar scrunched his eyebrows together and stayed quiet for a second, "Uh... no," he laughed, trying not to stare at her in a confused way. "No— he's not. He's mine— anything else though?"