XXV. BARN DOOR PROTOCOL

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
"barn door protocol"

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE"barn door protocol"

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?"

That was the question Tony Stark had been fearing. He remembered how everyone said it ruined Thanos' arm and could have killed him (if he wasn't such a huge alien). He didn't want to put anyone through that, but someone had to.

"I'll do it," Thor said calmly and stood up, walking closer to the new gauntlet.

"Excuse me?"

"It's okay," He said holding up his hand.

"No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey-" everyone shouted together pushing Thor back.

Everyone knew what the stones together could do, the power they held. No one wanted anyone else to get hurt. Not after Nat.

"Wait, wait, Thor, just wait," Steve said. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked.

"We should at least discuss it," Scott said.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty," Thor started explaining, trying to grab the glove.

"Normally you're right- It's not about that-"

"It's not that- Stop it! Just let me!" He cut Tony off, starting to tear up. He grabbed Tony's hand, "just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

Thor desperately wanted to do it, Tony knew that. Tony knew he wanted to do it because he knew Thor blamed himself for everything that happened. He wanted to make it right, but Tony couldn't do that to him.

"Look- It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition," Tony explained.

"What do you- What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor questioned.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey said from the side.

Thor pointed at Rhodey and made a face, "Lightning,"

"Yeah," Tony sighed.

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me," Bruce said, calmly walking forward.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive," Bruce explained.

"How do we know you will?" Steve asked.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma," He said, looking down at the gauntlet. "It's like...I was made for this."

Then it was decided. Bruce was going to do it.

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked after handing over the gauntlet.

"Let's do it," Bruce said holding it.

"Okay, remember- everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years," Tony explained, giving him worried eyes.

"Got it," he said, once again, calmly.

Then everyone started suiting up, readying for impact. Tony made a nanoteched shield for himself and Clint to stand behind.

"Friday, do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?" Tony said after his suit activated.

"Yes, boss," FRIDAY said and the compound started being covered with thick metal walls and doors.

"Everybody comes home," Bruce says before sticking his hand into the gauntlet slowly. The glove started growing bigger, identifying Bruce's large hand. Once the glove was on fully, the stones activated and started causing Bruce a lot of pain in his arm. He groaned loudly, kneeling to the floor.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted worriedly.

"No, wait!" Steve said then turned to Bruce, "Bruce, are you okay?"

"Talk to me, Banner," Tony said.

"I'm okay," he said after a moment. "I'm okay."

Bruce takes a breath and lifts up his arm but the stones send an unbearable pain through his arm again. He yells out as he lifts his arm with the help of his other, then he snapped, falling to the floor after.

"Bruce!" Steve shouted, falling to his knees beside him.

"Don't move him!" Tony said urgently and put a coat of freezing spray on his wounded arm.

"Did it work?" Bruce groaned as he held onto Steve's arm.

"We're not sure. It's over. It's okay," Thor said patting his head softly.

The metal doors started opening slowly and Scott was walking to the large set of windows. A phone started ringing off to the side, it was Clint's.

Tony stayed kneeled down beside Bruce, having FRIDAY check his vitals. He looked around for something- someone. He hoped- he prayed- if the snap worked, that, somehow the snap would have brought her back and that she would be running through those doors any second now.

"Tony," Bruce called. Tony looked down at him. "I tried.."

Tony knew what he meant, but he only smiled at Bruce, "Thank you,"

"Tony..." FRIDAY called lowly, her voice having a little worry to it.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Look up,"

Tony looked up, then around, and saw the one person he never thought he'd see again. Her. Jade. She was there.

"J-Jade?" He asked and a smile was placed on her beautiful face.

But suddenly, everything went black and Tony lost her again.

_____________________________

Sorry, this chapter was a little short but, it needed to be :/

Also, I have no idea what it's called (the stuff Tony sprayed of Bruce's arm so just go with my name for it 😂)