XVII. I LOVE YOU 3000

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"i love you 3000"

It was the end of the day and Tony was doing the dishes after dinner while Pepper was putting Morgan to sleep

It was the end of the day and Tony was doing the dishes after dinner while Pepper was putting Morgan to sleep. Then suddenly, the sink sprayer goes off, spraying water everywhere.

Tony quickly cut it off, cursing to himself in his head. His mind went somewhere else for a minute, distracting him.

He sighs, putting the faucet down and leaning against the sink. He picks up a rag and starts drying off things and as he was drying off the small shelf above him, he noticed a picture frame. He took a sharp breath, knowing the picture, and pulled it off the shelf.

It was a picture of him and Peter when he made Peter a fake Stark Internship certificate. They were being goofy, throwing bunny ears behind each other. Peter was smiling big, his excitement very open. That made Tony smile.

He placed it back where it went, but found there was another frame, in the far back of the shelf.

He couldn't see it very well and took it out, it was a little dusty and he wiped it off with the damp rag. A picture of him, Peter, and Jade at his engagement party five years ago.

He sighed deeply looking at the pictures, memories flooding back made tears well up in his eyes. He remembered how weirdly Jade acted that night, and it wasn't just because she brought Peter as her "date". The party was a few weeks after the new year had started and after she had disappeared for two days. Tony tried asking her if she was okay, but Jade only denied him every time he asked.

He placed the frames back where they went and blew some air out of his chest. He headed to his study office, turning on his lab table,

"Hey, Friday?" Tony called quietly.

"Yes, Mr. Stark?" She answered.

"Open a blank space for me to work with," he said and she instantly opened a blank table file for him.

After a few hours of working, Tony finally had something going, "Look at a mod inspiration, let me see what checks out. So, recommend one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time, in the shape of a mobius strip, inverted, please."

"Processing," FRIDAY said doing her magic.

"Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp. That will take a second," Tony said messing around with one piece.

"Just a moment," FRIDAY said simulating.

"And don't worry if it doesn't pan out. I'm just kinda..." he shakes his head while taking a sip of water.

"Model rendered," FRIDAY said after a short pause. The simulation goes through and big letter words spelled; MODEL SUCCESSFUL.

Tony, shocked, falls back into his seat, awestruck and doesn't know what to say. Finally after his moment of shock he cursed, "Shit!"