XXIV. THIS ISNT FAIR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"this isn't fair"

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR "this isn't fair"

SOUL REALM

"We need you to show us your lightning powers. Can you show us?"

Jade's eyes widened. The question was so sudden and the more she let it sink in, the more nervous she grew.

She knew she could do it, she knew she had the powers to do it, but she doesn't know how to use them. She had a feeling this was going to be just as hard as when she was trying to first open a portal (which, she's very good at it now, by the way).

"Um," she hummed, hesitating.

The three didn't say anything, they just stared at her, which made her even more nervous.

"I— uh," she paused again, why am I so scared to tell them? She sighed, giving up. "I don't know how to use them."

Red blew air from his nose hard and rolled his eyes, Gamora made a face, and Unknown smirked.

"Yet," Unknown said with her proud smirk. "You don't know how to use them yet."

Jade knew what was going to happen next, another training session where she learns how to use her powers but it takes hours to actually figure anything out.

But, really, that's not how it went.

"Okay, let's go. I want to get this over with," Jade groaned, readying herself.

"Hold out your hands— like you're going to blast me with repulsors— and think in your mind about lightning coming out of them," Unknown explained calmly.

Jade froze. Huh? "W-what?"

"You heard me," Unknown smirked, knowing she just confused her. "Hold out your hands."

"Just like that? You're actually telling me how to do it?" She chuckled, surprised it came that easy. She didn't even have to complain.

"I told you we were on a tight schedule," Unknown rolled her eyes playfully. "So, hurry up and hold out your hands!"

"Okay, okay!" Jade said quickly and held out her hands in front of her.

Just think; lightning. Right? Just imagine it going through your arms and out your hands, she explained to herself. Jade took a deep breath, closing her eyes, and imagined it happening. Then suddenly, it's like something clicked it her body, making everything she never knew before, known.

She opened her eyes once realization set in. Her eyes were glowing with lightning sparks, just like how Thor's do. Everything seemed to go in slow motion, the lightning came straight from her palms, barely hitting Unknown and gliding past her.