XIV. I LIKE THIS ONE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"i like this one"

A few hours have passed since Jade was gone

A few hours have passed since Jade was gone. No one was really "okay" with her having to leave but they knew it was better for her. They didn't grieve as much because they saw it coming and got to say what they thought they needed to.

Thor was the worse of them though, keeping himself locked up and grieving over his little sister's death. He blamed himself for everything; her death, Thanos getting away, it was all this fault and no one could convince him otherwise.

It was starting to get late and most of everyone was going to try and get some sleep but something was making the compound rumble and it was coming from outside.

Everyone went outside to see what it was; a spaceship and Carol Danvers was holding it.

Once she landed she looked to the Avengers, mainly for Jade but didn't see her and frowned. She was rooting for the girl.

Soon after, Tony and Nebula were the only ones to walk out, Tony weak and hurt while Nebula seemed fine (she was a robot after all).

Steve was the first to run over and help Tony,

"Couldn't stop him," Tony said weakly.

"Neither could we," Steve said.

Then Tony stopped, "I lost the kid... I— I lost Jade,"

"Tony, we lost," Steve paused, broken, before saying anything again. He didn't know if Tony really knew and he didn't know how to come out and say it either.

"Is.. uh... um?" Tony struggles to ask the question, but his answer walked right up to him.

"Oh, my God, oh, my God," Pepper cries and hugs him. She thought he was gone, and all she could think about was how she told Jade he was gone.

"It's okay," he said kissing her cheek. He looked over her shoulder like he was looking for someone.

"Is.. is she...?" He asked looking to her and then to Steve but Pepper looks at him, her eyes showed brokenness and Tony couldn't tell for what reason.

She shakes her head slowly and Tony's knees become jelly. He looked around at everyone else who all had upset faces on, some couldn't even look at him.

Once they got inside, Pepper led Tony to Jade's room. He really didn't know what for, but he knew it wasn't good. They didn't explain to him why.

"Tony, just know... she did everything to wait for you," Pepper said to him softly, trying to warn him before she showed him.

And there it was; confirmation.

Pepper opened the door and the first thing Tony saw was his lifeless daughter, laying on her bed.