V. TWO MONTHS

CHAPTER FIVE
"two months"

It had been three hours since Jade woke up from her second memory and she's been working on her portals just as long— with no luck

Nothing but small sparks and failure.

She knew she needed to try and block out everything in her mind like she was taught, but she was afraid another memory flashback would happen again.

But, she's tried everything else and was tired of failing. So, she took a deep breath before closing her eyes and imagining the front doors of the sanctum.

After a few seconds, she started circling her arms around to create the portal. She kept her eyes closed the whole time until an orange light shined brightly in front of her.

When she opened her eyes, a circle was forming, becoming bigger and stronger. She smiled brightly as she continued making it until she saw the sanctum. Then, the entrance to the sanctum was there— inside the circle.

Unable to hold in her excitement, she jumped around in joy and started doing a small "happy dance".

"Finally! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" She whispered as she danced. Then the portal closed and the light in her living room was gone. "Dammit!"

Huffing out an annoyed grunt, she concentrated again, doing what she did before, but watched this time. Quicker than before, the portal opened and the sanctum was on the other side again.

"Yes!" She shouted, ignoring the neighbors around her and jumped through the portal quickly.

She closed it behind her and skipped giddily across the empty, dark road of Bleecker Street, to the front door. She tried opening the door, but it was locked.

Instead of being upset, she stood back and confidently opened another portal to get inside the building. Once through, she ran through the front entrance and up the stairs lighting quick.

"STEPHEN! WONG! UNKNOWN! I DID IT!! WAKE UP AND BE PROUD!" She shouted as she ran up the Sanctums stairs, not caring about them sleeping at the moment.

"Jade?" Stephen groaned as he opened his bedroom door.

"Yep! It's me!" she smiled brightly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked rubbing his eye.

"And why are you screaming at three in the morning?!" Unknown shouted loudly as she stormed out of her room.