LXIII. SENIOR YEAR

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
"senior year"

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE "senior year"

5:55 a.m.

Jade stared at the clock on her bedside. The alarm was set to go off at 6:00 and she just continued to stare at it, waiting for it to sound.

Normally, on a school morning, she would sleep as late as possible then use her speed to get ready for the day, but she couldn't sleep.

What was it going to be like? Different for sure, but how so? Are she and Peter going to be shouted at all the time? Are the teachers going to be angry with them for the smallest things? If they step slightly out of line, are they going to expel them?

All these thoughts continued to run through her mind. She hated it. She wished melatonin would work on her...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Jade pressed the 'STOP' button on her phone and sighed, throwing the covers off her. She leaned up and stepped out of the bed, slowly walking out of her room and into the bathroom.

She washed her hands, then her face. Brushed her teeth, then her hair, and walked back to her room again. She flipped the light switch to her closet and grabbed the clothes she picked out last night; Peter's Midtown High sweatshirt and black jeans with a white collard shirt to go underneath the sweatshirt. She put that on then sat at her vanity, straightened her hair, and put some mascara on.

After grabbing her school bag and her phone, she walked downstairs and met a groggy Morgan sitting at the bottom step, waiting for Jade.

"Hey, J," she said, her voice a little strained to show she just woke up. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, just came to say goodbye," Jade tried giving Morgan her best smile.

Morgan lifted her hands up, asking Jade if she would hold her. Without hesitating, Jade does and Morgan instantly hugs her.

"Are you nervous?" She asked.

"No, of course not," Jade said.

Of course she was! She was terrified of what was gonna happen, but she didn't want Morgan to think otherwise. "It's gonna be a normal day."

"Cool! I didn't think you would be anyways," Morgan smiled. "I'll be waiting for you when you get home and you can tell me all about it!"

Jade smiled, she loved Morgan so much. She always knew how to make Jade feel better.

"I'll see you when I get back," Jade repeated, smiling as she walked to the kitchen.

Pepper was leaning against the bar, holding a mug of fresh coffee. She noticed the two girls walk in and smiled, setting her mug down.

"You ready?" Pepper asks Jade.

"Yeah," she mumbled back, holding onto Morgan a little tighter, she didn't want to leave.