XXXVIII. STEP THREE OR SOMETHING

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
"step three or something"

It took everything in Jade not to look back at Peter the whole plane ride

It took everything in Jade not to look back at Peter the whole plane ride. She wanted to know what he was doing, although she guessed he couldn't be doing much because he was stuck between Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell.

She and Harry watched up to the third film, but Jade fell asleep in the middle of it, unable to stay awake any longer. When she woke up, she felt someone tapping her shoulder lightly and talking very quietly, "Jade?"

It was Harry.

When Jade's eyes opened she looked up and saw she was laying on his shoulder. She sat upright, rubbing her neck at how sore it felt. Why do I keep falling asleep on cute boys? ... Okay... maybe I don't need to worry about that...

She could feel her cheeks burning up and Harry smirked, "You sleep good?"

"Somewhat," she blushed harder, moving her eyes away from his. At least it wasn't as awkward as falling asleep in the same bed at his house. "Are we here?"

"They just said we're about to land so I thought I'd wake you up," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Thanks," She smiled.

Not long after the— somewhat— awkward moment Jade had, the plane landed and they were in Venice, Italy.

"What were you two watching? You guys were laughing the entire time!" Brad asked once the two made it over to him and Michelle.

"Harry Potter," Harry laughed lightly, turning his head towards her and smirking.

Jade blushed again, her cheeks a fiery red, "Oh, look! Mr. Harrington is calling us!" She said and quickly walked away.

The class all grabbed their suitcases and started walking out of the airport when a beeping sound went off. Jade turned to see what was happening and she saw it was Peter getting stopped by some security guards and their dogs.

Her eyebrows scrunched together wondering what Peter had brought that made the security alarm go off. The class continued going, Mr. Dell telling them they would wait somewhere not so crowded.

But Jade stayed back, deciding it'd be nice of her to wait for him— she hasn't been able to talk to him in person yet and she needed to break the awkward tension she felt between them. She turned her glasses on, zooming in on what was happening.

The security lady took Peter's bag and opened it, the first thing you see is his suit and a sticky note in it. Jade's eyes grew wide as soon as she saw it. Smart move, Pete! (That was sarcastic if you couldn't tell).

She looked up to see Peter petrified, he looked back up at the woman with a worried and confused face, stumbling on his words, but the woman picked up a banana, making both Jade and Peter sigh in relief.