XVIII. WHATEVER IT TAKES

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"whatever it takes"

Taking a deep breath, Tony grabbed the doorknob to Jade's room and turned it slowly

Taking a deep breath, Tony grabbed the doorknob to Jade's room and turned it slowly. It looked the same as it did when he last saw it.

Her desk with her computers and scanners being the first thing you see. To the right side of the door entrance, her bed sat there with a small lamp side table. The sheets were smooth with no wrinkles. And the room was clean, Pepper coming in every once in a while taking the sheets and washing them, dusting the tables and computer screens.

Tony walked to the desk with the computers on it and noticed a picture frame right beside the computers. He picked it up but couldn't see it very well— he couldn't see anything other than outlines of objects— so turned the lamp on that sat on the desk and suddenly everything else turned on.

The lights to her room turned on, the computer screens turned on, and everything else that was apart of her lab turned on. Tony jumped, almost dropping the frame.

"Miss Stark?" VERONICA's voice sounded after not hearing the familiar voice of Jade speak to her. "Miss Stark? Are you there?"

"N-no, it's me, Tony," he said, holding his chest and panting.

"Mr. Stark!" She called excitedly. "Did Miss Stark send you?"

"N-no, she.. she's.." he couldn't even say it. He was still in denial of it all.

"Miss Stark has passed?" VERONICA asked softly knowing what situation Jade was in before.

"... Yes," Tony sighed. "It's been five years."

VERONICA paused for a moment before speaking again,

"Mr. Stark. I have a file for you," she said opening her system and pulling out a locked file. "From Misses Stark."

"Open it," He said quickly, grabbing onto the chair and pulled it up.

"I need a voice recognition password," VERONICA said.

"Uh, Tony Stark?" He guessed.

As soon as he said that, the lights in the room dimmed and the file opened, a video file like before. It automatically started playing.

"Hey, dad. Or... whoever is watching this," Jade's voice filled the room. Tony started tearing up again. "I'm doing this video— recording— thing in case something happens. In case I'm... gone and can't tell you what's going on.

It's been about five months since... Spider-Man and I put Toomes in jail, and three months since I was... you could say; informed."

She paused for a moment, her face scrunched together like she was having a debate in her head.

"Okay— I guess since you'll see this after everything, I can tell you. I was basically abducted by some wizard girl and went missing for two days,"