L. OBVIOUS

CHAPTER FIFTY
"obvious"

"I can't lose you too,"

Jade couldn't stop thinking about what Peter said to her, the words repeated in her head over and over again.

"But if it comes down to saving yourself or the whole world, you'd choose the world— and I can't lose you too. I can't... I just got you back..."

The words caused Jade's heart to throb— in a good way.

After everything's over with Beck, I'm going to tell him— no holding back this time, she told herself. Maybe...

She started to smile uncontrollably, she felt the butterflies in her stomach start to kick in as she walked the halls of the hotel. She was so happy, she felt like she could skip.

"Jade!"

And then the moment was ruined— the butterflies slowly starting to stop.

Jade flinched at her name being called, she knew who it was, but she didn't turn around instantly, she didn't want to.

"Oh my god— where have you been?" He asked worriedly. "You haven't been answering my messages."

"Oh, h-hey, Harry," Jade said as she slowly started turning around, now feeling a little nervous.

"Are you okay?" He asked, noticing her tenseness.

"I'm fine," she laughed lightly, trying to joke around, but the butterflies that were in her stomach now felt like nasty moths, making her feel uncomfortable.

"You look nauseous," he said, taking a step closer, holding out his hands to grab her.

Jade took a step back, instantly regretting it. Harry frowned, dropping his hands and stepping back to where he was.

"Harry, I—"

"Is this about what happened earlier? Before the Opera with me and—"

"—Don't worry about it!" Jade stopped him, waving her hands frantically, she felt so bad. "It's just that, I don't..." there was a short pause, "feel that way."

"Oh,"

"But I started feeling sick when we left for the Opera so I came back here!" She said quickly, not wanting to upset Harry any more than she knows she already has. "I've been sick the whole four hours you guys were gone," she laughed nervously. It's been four hours, right?