LIV. SHE KNOWS, HE KNOWS

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
"she knows, he knows"

One of the most awkwardest things Jade could have ever experienced was getting on a bus to the airport with Betty and Flash

"Oh my god, oh my god," Flash whispered as he stared Jade down getting onto the bus. He was freaking out.

Jade's eyes widened, her stomach tightening once she remembered that two of her class mates knew her secret. She continued walking to the back of the bus, her head down the whole time. She could only pray he didn't tell anyone.

Peter was right behind her, looking at Flash weirdly, who was still staring at Jade. Once they sat down, he turned to her,

"Why is Flash staring at you like that?" He asked, his eyes looking Flash's way.

"He knows," Jade whispered.

"Knows?" Peter repeated, looking at her now.

"About Iron Lightning— and Betty does too,"

"What?! How'd they find out?"

"It's a long story, but I basically didn't have my mask on when I was "saving" them," Jade explained, grinning sheepishly.

"Do you think he told anyone?" Peter asked, looking around the bus.

"It doesn't look like it," Jade said, following his gaze.

Jade locked eyes with Flash again and he had his mouth hanging wide open, 'he knows too?!' He mouthed dramatically. Jade nodded as she watched him eye Peter and slowly turn around in his seat.

Jade turned to look at Peter and Peter was already looking at her, "You okay?"

"I will be," she smiled and grabbed Peter's hand tightly, reassuring him. Peter smiled back.

Once they made it to the airport and on the plane, Mr. Harrington didn't even try to seat the kids. He counted all the students heads, found his seat, and put his headphones on, closing his eyes tightly.

Jade and Peter sat beside each other and watched a few episodes of Miraculous before falling asleep on the other, hand in hand. Then, nine hours later, the plane landed in Newark, New Jersey airport.

"Are you sure no one else figured it out?" Peter asked Jade, still worried about Flash and Betty finding out Jade's secret.

"Yes, Pete! Stop worrying about it," she laughed, grabbing his hand, intertwined their fingers. "I'm good at lying to people... maybe it's you who should be worried."

They laughed, but Peter soon realized what she meant, "Wait— seriously?" He asked, his hand letting go of her's.

"What?" Jade asked, her smile dropping, she glanced down at his hand now in a tight fist.