12 | Thinking about Monday

A/N: If you want to start the video from here, the music is soothing :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

JESSICA'S POV:

I woke up the next morning realizing that once again, it was Monday. A lot of people hate Monday's, to me it's bittersweet. After changing into a gray cashmere sweater, maroon skinny jeans and gray vans I went downstairs to have breakfast. To my surprise my mom was in the kitchen. Usually she's already off to work by 7:30, but I guess not today.

"Hey mom" I smiled getting some orange juice from the fridge.

"Good morning sweetie, I got the day off today so I can bring you to school" she sipped her coffee.

"Great thank you" I said. After I ate breakfast I grabbed my pennyboard because I was probably going to skate home, and then got into my mother's car.

***

"Thanks mom I'll see you at home" I waved goodbye.

"Bye sweetie!" She blew me a kiss and drove away.

"Hey JP" Alex said walking towards me.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"I heard that clubs are starting today" she sounded really excited.

"Oh my gosh finally!" I said, last year I took a course in photography and I was really excited to start that up again.

"Hey guys who's excited to sign up for the clubs later today?" Zoe walked over.

"Me! I'm going to do the photography course." I said.

"I'm going to take art! Hey we should do what we did last year." She replied. Zoe is an amazing artist, last year I took pictures and she would draw them for her art course.

"I'm doing cooking with Spencer" Alex said.

"Good you can make us food" I laughed.

"Is Drake running for student council?" Alex asked.

"He sure is" drake came up to us referring to himself in third person.

"Miss Peterson" I turned around and the head of admissions was walking towards me.

"Yes Mr. Green?" I asked.

"We have a sophomore here for a shadow day and the student that was going to show him around isn't here today. Would you mind bringing him to all of your classes today?" He asked.

"Of course" I smiled walking towards the administrators office with him.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Nash Grier" he replied. When I entered the admissions office I saw this very tall boy with bright blue eyes sitting on one of the chairs.

"Mr. Grier, this is Jessica Peterson and she will be taking you to all of your classes today" Mr. Green told him.

"Hey, nice to meet you" I smiled and shook his hand.

"you as well" he smiled back.

"Ok so I get to start my day with a studyhal" I told him and he just nodded.

"Jess" I turned my head and it was Spencer.

"Who's that?" He mouthed.

"You didn't know? It's take your best friend to school day" I told him and Nash looked at me like I was some mental patient.

"Wait really?" Spencer asked.

"No I'm showing him all of my classes for the day" I said.

"Ohh that makes more sense. I was like 'you know this isn't an open campus right?'" Spencer laughed. Nash and I went into the music room because there were tables in there and for your free you can go anywhere on campus.

"Hey Alex! This is Nash" I introduced them.

"Hey, welcome to St. John's" she smile and he did the same back.

"Thank you" he shook her hand.

"Vroom vroom" I heard someone making airplane noises? I turned around and saw Matthew with his arms stretched out as if he was an airplane and then wrapped his arms around me.

"Happy Monday" he smiled.

"Happy Monday?" I replied in the form of a question.

"Who's this?" Matt questioned Nash's presence.

"Matthew this is Nash, Nash, Matt" I said. They exchanged hello's and no one did anything, I mean it's Monday morning and no one had homework.

"This is boring" Matt put his feet on my lap, but I push him off.

"I have an idea" I said and stood up walking over to the piano.

"What's a good song?" I asked everyone.

"Thinking Out Loud!" Alex said. I started playing and everyone came over to watch.

***

"Mr. Grier I hope you enjoyed your day" Mr. Green said to Nash.

"I did thank you very much" they shook hands.

"Thank you so much Jessica!" Mr. Green said.

"You're welcome" I smiled and left. I went into the art room where photography was taking place. When I got in I saw that Matt was sitting down on his phone.

"hi" I sat next to him.

"Sup?" he looked up.

"Nothing really, so you like photography?" I asked.

"Yeah" he smiled.

"Ok students settle down. Welcome back to school I know you all will be swamped with a ton of homework soon so the first assignment will be easy, with a partner of your choice you will be asked to take a picture of nature and describe why you both chose the scene. We will meet every Monday so this project will be due a week from today" our teacher said.

When the teacher turned around to write our assignment on the board I copied it into my planner, but then matt grabbed it along with my pen and started writing something. When he was done he slid it back towards me, he finished writing down the assignment for me and also wrote 'be my partner :)'

"You couldn't have just asked me like a normal human?" I laughed.

"I would have, but you see I'm not a normal human being. I'm a dinosaur." He pointed to himself.

Yup Matt is defiantly not normal.

"Ok I'll be your partner. This should be fun, normal's boring anyways" I responded.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys how's everyone's weekend? I hope everyone had a great spring vacation this weekend if they had one! I was in school this week, but that's ok :) Did anyone go anywhere fun for vacation?

I will not be updating next friday because I will be at horseback riding regionals so the next update will probably be next sunday!

speaking of next sunday... that is also my birthday omg, wow, i'm getting old!

also thank you for 1 million reads on my first book 'Since Day One' yesterday! That was a great surprise. Maybe 'Collide' will eventually get 1 million reads as well :')

love you guys xoxo