35 | You Know what that Means

A/n: hey guys just a heads up I'll be doing a few little time jumps in this chapter. The first time jump is just from morning to night, but the second time jump is about a 4-5 days apart. This book has been going kinda slow and I have so many exciting ideas to share with you so I want to get them out for all of you in a mannerly time :)

Enjoy !

_______________________________________

JESSICA'S POV:

"What is it?"

"I think we should talk in private," she walked over to the living room. I looked at Matt and he nodded at me.

"Whatever she is going to say, I'm sure it will be okay," he whispered and gave my hand a light squeeze. I walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch with my mom.

"So you know how your father and I have been divorced for a while now," she began.

"Yeah."

"Well I've been thinking that I need to have a life again. I'm going to start dating again. Are you okay with this," she searched my face for any expressions, but I gave her nothing. This wasn't what I was expecting to come out of her mouth. I thought she was going to say we were moving or something like that. Am I happy with her decision? I don't know. I probably should be though. I mean if she did end up remarrying I wouldn't call some new guy my father.

"Well uhh I want you to be happy so umm if you're happy then I guess I am too," I told her honestly.

"Thank you so much sweetie. Your opinion on this means a lot to me and I'm glad we're on the same page," she gave me a hug.

"Your welcome. Well I have to go back to making the waffles before Matt burns the house down," I let out a small laugh and walked out. I'm so awkward wow.

"Well? It's all good," Matt had one thumb up and one thumb down trying to figure out what happened.

"All good," I gave him a thumbs up.

All good.

***

"Jessica where are the stamps?"

"I'll get them," My mom and I were currently finishing up our winter party invitations. It usually consisted of family and close friends. "Is dad coming this year?"

"Not this year sweetie, the flying conditions aren't the best right now and it's dangerous for planes to fly out," she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Ohh, okay," I sighed.

"We did a great job with our Christmas tree and decorations this year. Don't you think?"

I turned around from my seat to admire our cute little, okay not that little, Christmas tree. We decided to do a theme of just red and silver ornaments, traditional colored fairy lights and tinsel. We also decorated the house with a few wreaths here and there, candles, and a garland spiraled around the stairwell banister. My mom always makes our house look amazing during the holidays, I need that skill. I think my favorite part of the holiday parties has to be the dressing up nice part, and the food. My mom and I make all these small, but amazingly delicious hors d'oeuvres. (a/n: appetizers incase you didn't know what that meant)