08 | Pass or Fail?

JESSICA'S POV:

I just starred at him in disgust.

"What-" but I cut him off.

"Do you know how incredibly harmful to your health that is?! I can't believe you, you're such an idiot-" I ranted on, but he just smirked at me.

"You passed the test" he said.

"What the heck are you talking about?" I snapped.

"There aren't cigarettes in here. One its gum, two I would never put one in my mouth, three I know how bad they are for you and four I think I'm actually kinda smart" he smiled.

"Then why do you have that" I asked.

"It's a test" he said.

"Explain"

"If I offer one to someone and they say yes then I know that I shouldn't hang around them because they are a bad influence, if they say no then I can. Do you want some gum?"

"What if they lie" I asked.

"Well I didn't think that out" he scratched his head. "So do you want some gum?" He held the box out again.

"it's probably nicotine gum" I said looking away which caused him to laugh.

"No, for your information it's bubblegum so find your chill" he finally put it away.

"Sassy pants" I laughed.

"You know it!" he pretended to flip his hair.

***

"Thank you so much for everything this evening it was truly a pleasure meeting your family" I heard Mr. Espinosa say to my mom.

"I guess that's our cue to go downstairs" I said and got up from the bench.

"Wait!" Matt said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can I see your phone?" He looked at me.

"what are you going to do to it?" I was hesitant.

"Nothing bad, let me just see it" he held his hand out while I handed it over.

"Here, I put my number in, whenever you're alone or feeling lonely I'll come over and we can do whatever you want" he handed my phone back to me.

"Thank you. I appreciate it" I smiled. No one has really cared this much before, this was a nice gesture.

We both were walking down the stairs when Matt tripped over himself and fell down the last two steps. I covered my mouth because if I didn't I would start laughing, and that would be rude.

"Matthew Lee you're going to break their house" his mother came walking over to her son who was just lying on the ground, I couldn't take it, I was about to laugh my head off, but my mom mouthed 'don't laugh' so I decided to help her help him up.

"I'm sorry for his behavior" Mrs. Espinosa got her son up off our floor.

"It's fine" I smiled.

***

To Matthew Espinosa: hey it's Jess

I sent him a text so he could put my number into his phone. I got an immediate response.

From Matthew Espinosa: change my contact name I don't like it

To Matthew Espinosa: you don't even know what it is

From Matthew Espinosa: I'm 99.99% sure you set it as 'Matthew Espinosa' because you just seem like that kinda girl to put everyone's full name into your phone except your parents.

I feel like I'm being stalked.

To Matt: ok I changed it, goodnight

From Matt: I'll change it tomorrow, goodnight

what did he mean by tomorrow?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys! well it's Friday so I think some of you already knew there was a good chance you would be getting an update tonight :)

Let's do a QOTD: what's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

A: I think my favorite breakfast food would either be crepes (did I spell that right?) or chocolate chip pancakes! They are both super easy to make :)

XOXO see you guys next week!