18 | Potatoes

JESSICA'S POV:

*buzz buzz* I woke up to my bedside table vibrating.

"Hello?" I asked barely awake.

"Do you want to do the photography project today?" I recognized the voice.

"I thought you were busy today?" I said more awake now.

"I was, but now I'm not." Matt replied.

"Ok so what time and where?" I got out of bed and walked downstairs.

"Come over in an hour, okay?" I could mentally see him smirking.

"Sure-"

"NO YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO SAY OKAY." He yelled into the phone, referring to The Fault In Our Stars, making me smile.

"Bye Matthew" I ended the call.

***

About an hour later I walked up to Matt's house and rang the doorbell; then Burnie started barking.

"Burnie hush! I promise you it's not the mailman!" Matt groaned before opening up the front door. "Hello" he smiled.

"Hello" I mimicked him. "So can you let me in or are we just going to stand here all day?" I awkwardly asked after standing outside the door for a few seconds.

"Oh right! Sorry" Matt turned a rosy shade of pink.

"Good morning sweetie!" Matt's mother greeted me with a hug.

"Good morning" I hugged her back.

"Where do you want to photograph today?" Matt asked eating a bowl of cereal.

"I know this place where there are a bunch of butterflies, it's wicked cool!" I suggested.

"Wicked? So Boston of you. Pak ya car in Harvard yard" Matt mocked the typical Boston stereotype while laughing.

"Come on let's go" I rolled my eyes trying not to laugh, but his laugh is so contagious.

"Bye mommy" Matt gave his mother a kiss and hug before running back over to me.

"Goals" I murmured referring to how his mother and him are always together.

"Oh do you want a hug and kiss?" Matt smirked making me turn red.

"No I mean like your relationship with-" but before I could finish Matt placed a kiss on my cheek, gave me a tight hug and laid his head on mine. After Matt got his keys we said goodbye to him mom one more time and then left the house.

"I'll drive!" I ran around to the drivers seat.

"Are you a good driver?" Matt strapped himself in quite quickly.

"Well for one thing I'm not going to swerve all over a mountain" I referred to when he brought us to up that mountain to watch the sunrise.

"Yikes, indirect to me." Matt put his hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"No-"

"too bad." I started the engine and drove away from his house.

***

"I'm never letting you drive my car again" Matt finally let go of his seatbelt.

"Yeah yeah" I got the camera out of the backseat. I led him into this grassy, caved area and all these butterflies were flying around.

"Wow" Matt was in aww.