09 | Adventure

JESSICA'S POV:

'Something big I feel it happening' my phone played signaling that someone was calling me. Yes I love Shawn Mendes, I saw him in concert over the summer. If I were to describe him in one word I would use perfect.

"Hello?" I answered still half asleep.

"Get up I'm picking you up in ten minutes" I heard Matt say.

"It's four thirty in the morning on a Saturday where the heck are we going?" I asked.

"An adventure now go get ready, and don't eat breakfast I got that covered."

Yes, because I'm going to eat breakfast at four in the morning Matt.

***

"Bye mom I'll be back later" I whispered since she was basically sleeping.

Like I should be.

"Where are you going so early?" She asked.

"Out with Matt" I said. "Okay, but keep me informed" she seemed worried, but I don't blame her. For all I know he could be planning a murder.

"Ok bye" I saw Matt park in front of my house. I got a coat, walked downstairs and out of the house.

"Why did you have to come so early?" I asked.

"Because we have to go early" he said as we drove off. "The ride is about an hour and a half long so you can sleep if you want to, I brought a pillow and blanket for you." Matt reached back to get the pillow and blanket at a red light. "Thank you" I replied.

***

"Jess wake up we're almost there" Matt nudged my arm.

When I opened my eyes I almost had a heart attack. We're driving up a steep winding mountain.

"Why are you murdering me?" I asked holding on to the seat.

"I'm not. What are you afraid of heights?" Matt asked.

"No" I said looking straight ahead.

"Well if you're not afraid" he smirked and we started going more towards the edge of the mountain.

"MATT STOP" I screamed, but he laughed and started swerving all over the rode.

"MATT!" I screamed again.

"You're loud, but ok I'll stop. On one condition" he said driving normally again.

"What?" I asked looking at him.

"Come on a date with me?" he smiled.

"Matt I'm sorry, but no we haven't even known each other for a week" I felt bad for turning him down.

"No, not like that, like just hanging out together. So do you want to?" he asked.

"But that's basically a date, I don't know" I began but he cut me off.

"You asked for it" and we began going towards the edge again.

"OKAY OKAY FINE ILL GO WITH YOU JUST STOP" I said.

"Ok and we're here" he turned the car off. I looked around and we were on the top of a really high mountain, near a cliff.

"So you are planning to murder me" I got out of the car.

"No don't be silly" he got a picnic basket out of the backseat.

"What are we doing then?" I asked.

"Watching the sunrise. Since you had a great view of the sun setting last night I thought, hey why not see the sun rise at this mountain, just look at the view" he waved his hands into the direction of the sun that was starting to rise. it was a little foggy out, but I had to admit he was right, I could see a lot of Los Angeles from up here.

"I brought muffins, bagels and orange juice" Matt said as he laid a blanket down. I took a chocolate chip muffin and sat down next to him.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"For what?" He asked biting into a bagel.

"For bringing me up here and not killing me" I said and he chuckled.

"Also for being a good friend" I smiled.

"Aww man I'm stuck in the friend zone" he took another bite out of his bagel and I just laughed and enjoyed the sunrise.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! It feels like I haven't been on wattpad forever, but I'm back! I can't believe it's almost February wow.

So Nash's vine got hacked tonight, but Nick fixed it all up. I wish hackers didn't exist I mean if you want followers that's the worst way to try and get them.

See all you lovely people next week!

Oh and if you're reading this on saturday (tomorrow) HAPPY MATTURDAY!

Ok bye xoxo