Prophecy- Lucy's POV

Start from the beginning

Everyone clapped and Kale ushered me out of the room with a hand on my back. I could hear everyone following behind us closely. Kale made it to his study and let everyone into the big meeting room that was connected to the small office. We waited by the door as the last person, who happened to be Sam, walked through.

"Have I gotten to thank you for saving my life today yet?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"No, and I would prefer you didn't." I answered.

"Ah, but that is exactly why I must!" Sam goaded me jokingly before hugging me tightly. "No, seriously, thank you. If you wouldn't have been such a bad ass MF, I'd be dead." He kissed my head as everyone got situated. "So, thank you for that, lovely Luna."

When he was done, everyone was looking at us amused. My face quickly went scarlet. Kale just smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

"First thing first," Kale said. "You," Kale pointed to Evanna with a glare.

"Her name is Evanna, love, not you."

Kale glared at me, but I smiled and kissed his cheek making him falter.

"Evanna," I said sweetly taking charge because Kale was just going to be mean to her. "Can you please explain why you were here today with the North?"

She hesitated.

"We can go into the next room, not in front of everyone, if that would be easier for you." I told her kindly.

Kale just stared at me speechless.

"The North took me to use as a weapon..." Evanna finally said softly.

"What do you mean?" Kale said harshly.

I glared at my mate and his brashness.

"They took me from my family a few months ago and tortured me until I complied with what they wanted. This was my first mission away from their lands. I was simply going to kill off who I could from their side and get myself killed. Anything would be better than there." She was crying, but still had her head held tall. "I never imagined that I would have been saved and spared... it never crossed my mind. I mean, I know how wolves are when you come onto their territory... That, alone, is grounds for death. Much less, coming with the people who were attacking. I should have been killed."

"But my Luce is a very forgiving and wonderful woman," Kale said softly and sniffed my hair.

"That, she is." Evanna agreed.

"You are absolutely and totally free to go if you would like. You are not under imprisonment here. We would never want to exploit your magic like the north." I told her kindly. "Your help today has been so much appreciated. Witches do not belong in the wolves' problems; you've had nothing to do with it."

"I am already in it though," Evanna said softly. "Lucy, Kale... I would like to help you. I'd like to defeat the North wholly and completely. What they have been doing to everyone, not just wolves, is despicable. I would like to pledge my loyalty to you and your pack."

I was speechless as I looked at the pretty girl. She was young-ish, about my age with pale blonde hair and green eyes. She was very pretty but looked to be borderline unhealthily skinny. She was far too young and innocent to have been involved in what the North put her in.

"Were you one of the witches who put the mating spell on Raven?" Kale asked in a hard voice.

"No. I would never let my magic be that defiled. I would have let them kill me before I dabbled with that much dark and against nature magic." Evanna answered at once. "What they did, with that move, was absolutely disturbing. I'll never forget when Raven contacted saying that his mate was already here, though. It was amazing. Everyone was so intimidated by you, Lucy." She smiled dreamily as she remembered.