The Kiss

"Remus I'm bored." Marlene yawned once more. She was currently lying on the couch by the fire. Her head was on the armrest of the couch and her legs are on Remus's lap, who was diligently doing his homework.

Remus ignored her.

"Don't ignore me. Come on have fun with me." She pouted.

"I'm doing something fun, see? Homework. If I complete this today, I'll have the whole Sunday free to myself." Finally raising his head from the parchment, he was writing, he looked at her. "You should be doing it too."

Marlene had enough. She got up and snatched quill from his hand. "Now you'll not ignore me." She smirked.

"Gimme back."

"No"

"Give. Me."

"No"

"Fine."

"Fine?"

Remus bent down and took out another quill from his bag.

"That's unfair." Marlene pouted once again.

Remus only smirked in response.

"Remus... Rem... Remy." Marlene started poking him with the previously snatched quill.

Remus mock glared at her. Then he burst out laughing, "Remy? Really?"

Marlene narrowed her eyes at him.

"Okay. Why are you hanging out with me?" Remus asked. It was not like they were best friends or something. Even when James and Marlene were best friends and they all used to hang out together, she was never really close to Remus.

"I always hang out with you."

"No, you are not." Remus rolled his eyes lazily.

"Okay fine. Well, no one is around. You're the only option." That was partially the reason. Plus, Remus was here alone, and she missed the company of guys. Being the only sister in the house of seven brothers and growing up with James only as friend had its effect.

"Gee I feel so wanted." Remus drawled sarcastically.

"So, you thought I was there for you?" She teased.

"A guy can hope." Remus teased back.

"As much I like this flirty banter, stop it or I'll gag myself."

They both turned to look at Sirius Black standing behind them.

"How long you've been standing here Padfoot?" Remus enquired.

"Long enough to sense the sexual tension here." Sirius had his trademark smirk on his face.

"Keep your filthy thoughts to yourself Black." Marlene stood up to smack him. But she was interrupted as Black caught her hand in air. To wrench free of his hand, she grabbed his hand with her other hand to pry his fingers open.

When that didn't work, she looked at his face trying to verbally force him to let go of her hand. But she couldn't utter a single word as she realized how close they were standing. Suddenly her face felt very hot. It was... awkward.

Remus squinted at them. They were standing nose to nose. Marlene was trying not look at his face and Sirius was looking at her with a smirk, unfazed by this closeness.

Gulping Marlene looked at him. "Let go Black."

"So, you are done trying to force it out. But I'm a gentleman so, as you wish." Sirius freed her hand. His expression changed from arrogance to amusement.