Who did what?

"So, what the fuss was about?" Remus asked her.

"She wasn't giving me the potion -" Lily started explaining at the same time corking the vial and tucking it in her pocket, "- I threatened her that I'll make the potion myself if she doesn't."

"Whoa! Who are you and what have done to Lily?"

Upon seeing his shocked expression, she burst out laughing, "Of course not. There was a lot of begging and requesting before she relented."

He breathed an exaggerated sigh of relief. Lily smiled at him. There are so many people in Hogwarts who assumed Remus to be a nerdy addition to marauders, well obviously they didn't know him, she mused. She had always liked him, even before they became friends.

"Well, what's this potion for?"

Lily panicked and stammered out, "You know me... um stress and lack of sleep... Also, the weather... always changing." She hoped he wouldn't see through this pathetic excuse.

Remus looked intrigued but didn't ask more and she allowed herself to relax.

"Well, if you're not feeling well, you could just rest you know. Like normal people."

"So that's what normal people do?" She nudged him playfully.

Remus extracted a bar of chocolate from his pocket, broke it two pieces and offered it to her. She started on the chocolate and looped her around his, "And that's why we keep you around."

He let out a chuckle. After so long she was finally having a good time with one of her friends. Because that's why she debated with herself if she really wanted to tell him. But she needed to tell someone just to know if her theory was correct. As much as she would love to discuss this with girls, she knew she couldn't. Marlene was dealing with the loss of Mark, and she didn't know if Mary could keep anything a secret if Marlene wasn't checking on her. Besides Lily herself had a lot to deal with right now.

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something." Remus who looked happy and merry suddenly looked concerned.

"What is it, Lily?"

"Not here." She looked in corridors. It wasn't busy but every now and then she could see few students passing by.

"Alright. Come with me." He started leading her towards the suit of armors. He whispered something in the ear of one of them, she couldn't make out what he did say but she subconsciously let out a gasp as the suit of armor moved away to reveal a passage.

"Wow where does it leads to?" Her voice echoed through the passage as she stepped inside it. She expected it to be dark but there was enough light for her to walk inside it without difficulty.

"Nowhere. It ends abruptly after few turns. I think Professors and Filch know about this and that's why they hid it behind those suits of armors. Too bad we discovered this in our second
year only." His voice was filled with pride. Lily was sure some amazing story must be behind this. She wanted to ask more about it but luckily for her he continued to ramble the glory details of this passage.

After few minutes she interrupted him, "Um remember the thing we came to talk about?"

"Uh yeah. Tell me."

"So, I was thinking about it lately and I came into conclusion about who did it."

"Who did what?" Suddenly Lily realized as Remus didn't have privy to her thoughts, of course he didn't know what she was talking about.

So, she delved into the full explanation, "About the whole love potion fiasco. I mean I was intrigued why anyone would do that intentionally to me. So, I did a bit of detective work."