Only a Little?

All of her friends had left for Hogsmead, Marlene and Luke were standing near the carriages waiting for one that was private enough for them only. After reading the daily prophet article Marlene was feeling very anxious. Somehow she knew Mark was killed by one of these death Eaters. Rage was a building inside of her, she wanted to do something.

"Do we really have to go?" Marlene asked.

Luke looked confused, "Then what will we do the entire day?"

"The entire castle will be free, we can do whatever we want." She said suggestively, playing with the button of her cardigan. She added, "Your dorm must be empty, when will we ever have that again?"

"You mean.. " Luke gulped and didn't finish his sentence.

"Only if you want to." She mumbled after seeing his hesitation.

"No.. no I mean yes I want to." Luke said.

Marlene grinned, "Then what are we waiting for?"

They jogged back to the castle, the students who were leaving now were giving them odd looks but Marlene didn't care. She would not admit to anyone but she had been waiting for it to happen. Maybe if she had experience with someone else, she wouldn't think back to August.

They made their way to Hupplepuff common room. There were few students in the common room but they paid no mind to a girl walking in boys dorm.

"So, shall we?" Luke asked hesitantly after he had closed the dorm room.

Marlene grinned and went over to kiss him. She removed her cardigan and he removed his coat and sweater. He was taking his sweet time in removing clothes so she went on to help him. As she fiddled with his belt he froze.

She looked at him, "Luke are you really sure you want to?"

"Yes I want to. I will do anything to make you happy." Luke said looking panicked.

"It's not about me. What do you want?" Marlene asked him, lifting his chin so that he was looking at her.

"I don't think I'm ready. But I thought you would break up with me if I didn't."

"Why do you think that? You do not know me at all if you think so." Marlene didn't know if she was overreacting but she didn't care.

"Am I wrong in thinking so?" Luke asked, his fist clenched around his Tshirt.

Marlene tried keep her voice steady, "Even if you thought so you shouldn't agree for anything you are not ready for. Nobody should hold this much power over you, I can't hold this much power over you."

Luke looked at his trainers not saying anything.

"See you around, Luke." Marlene said, hurriedly dressed herself and walked out. She felt her throat closing and tears brimming in her eyes. She knew she would never be able to look at Luke in same light. Once she was out of Hupplepuff common room, she started walking fast, back to gryffindor common room to make sense of everything.

She was deep in her thought trying to gauge whether she had overreacted or not when she heard yelling. As they were near dungeons, she knew it must be a Slytherin drama she shouldn't get involved in but what if they were hurting first and second years?  She ran towards there just to see Sirius beating an unconscious kid. It took her a minute to realise the kid was Regulus Black.

"What are you doing, Black?" She asked him. He looked at her and back at Regulus blinking as if coming out of a trance.

"Nothing he didn't deserve." He scowled at her.

She ran towards Regulus to take a better look at him, there were bruise marks forming on his face but no sign of blood. She didn't have enough understanding of healing to know whether that was good or bad.