Three Dates.

First Date
Or, not so perfect, perfect date

"So, I think today's the special day." Mary looked in the mirror to check her reflection but also to gauge their reaction. None of the girls gave her enough attention and she sighed miserably.

Marlene was fighting with Cleopatra that it was her turn to shower and Lily was looking in her trunk and frowning.

"So, uh guys as I said today's the special day." This time both the girls looked at her. She smirked happily.

"Special as in how little witch?" Marlene asked her.

For creating dramatic effect, she waited a few seconds. She tried to blush, but she never felt warmth on her cheeks. During this time Lily and Marlene looked at her expectedly.

"So... today instead of going out, we're going to stay in the castle, find an abandoned classroom and you know." She gave them a coy smile.

"Fuck each other."

"Marls!" Lily exclaimed. But Mary felt pretty good. She could see Sarah hanging on every word and she knew by nightfall everyone in Hogwarts will know and envy her and Roger's story.

"So, I won't be here to check on both of your outfits. Lils you need to wear something a bit fit and green."

She noticed Lily rolling her eyes, "I've told you it's not a date date. It's a friend date."

Keep telling yourself that, Mary thought in her head smugly.

"The guy fancies you Lils. Besides you yourself said that last year, he's a good guy." Lily blushed and Mary noted red hair doesn't go well with it.

Before Lily could answer Marlene in a philosophical way as how that's not the way love works. She quickly changed the subject towards Marlene.

"Please wear your hair down. Everyone needs to see how perfect it is." Marlene touched hair, surprised. Lily nodded in agreement.

Mary really needed to learn how to act so humble from them.

"Okay Madam." Laughed Marlene. Mary was so happy to see her friend finally not sad. Although she had noticed Marlene sneaking fire whiskey in her bed, but Mary couldn't berate her friend when none of them had ever really dealt with what she is going through.

Something was wrong with Lily too. But she couldn't focus on two friends at a time. And knowing Lily this might be her sister, Snape or even something lame as homework.

"Bye girls. I'm going." Both of her friend along with Sarah (surprise! Surprise!) bid her goodbye and best of lucks.

As expected, Rogers was waiting for her. They embraced each other. Today cannot go wrong, Mary vowed she'll make sure of that.

"So where do you want to wait till the students' files out?"

Mary bit her lip, "I don't know wherever you want to take me." She hoped he would lead her to Ravenclaw tower to his dorm where they could hang out alone. But to her disappointment he started leading her towards the dungeons. She knew he must have planned something there but never mind.