No. God. No.

They all were sitting in the edge of their beds waiting for James. Two things that were really really necessary for them, to know if James has executed his part successfully and to take the mickey out of James for getting distracted. Sirius was giddy, somehow he knew James would somehow complete the task. If only he had taken the mirror, he would know for sure but even without it he knew it.

So when James came in the room, his face withdrawn, glasses a little askew he wondered if his intuition had been wrong.

"Prongs were you able to do it?"

"Yeah Peter." He mumbled distractedly.

"Then what it is?" Sirius asked, curious.

"I bumped into few Slytherins." James said, depositing the cloak and map on his bed.

"They saw you with the suit of armours?" Remus asked.

"No, it was after the prank. I bumped into Regulus and Snivellous." James said looking at him directly. Sirius wanted to look away, but he so wanted to prove that this didn't affect him. So, he kept the eye contact as long as James explained every thing. When he heard the last part, his blood dropped cold. Was this the dark snake like thing he had seen on Bella's wrist by accident?

He voiced this, "Was it a black snake like tattoo?"

"I don't know. I couldn't get a good look on it. Whatever it was, Snape was really impressed by it so ofcourse it can't be any good."

"How can you be so sure? We do not know Snape enough to know what impresses him." Remus said diplomatically.

"No. I think he got the same tattoo I had seen on Bellatrix's wrist. They used to do these meetings in Grimhauld Place and Regulus used to attend them. I do not know what it is, but something to do with him." Sirius finished his theory but his mind was wandering. Can he scare Regulus into babbling about everything?

"Him as in Voldemort?" James asked.

Peter gasped.

"Yes." He answered to James completely ignoring the reaction of Peter.

They were all silent for a while.

"Padfoot, you will not do something stupid?" James asked cautiously.

"With stupid you mean beating the shit out Regulus and scaring him enough to speak the truth? Then no." He replied.

Relief flooded on James's face and Sirius wanted to hit that git.

"Do not even consider it okay? You are on probation." Remus added.

With his track record getting reprimanded by them was probably a good thing. He cannot disappoint Moony again and give Prongs more stress than he needs.

Sleep was not easy for him tonight but somehow he did dozed off for couple of ours in the night. By the time James went to the run, Sirius woke up and decided that to ignore every thought about Regulus for today. So, like any normal sixteen year old he went on with his day with showering, treating his hair and finally smoking.

On his way to the common room he flirted with a seventh year, he couldn't remember her name. He will have to somehow find out her name before evening when they are supposed to meet. Scanning around the common room for familiar faces, he saw Lily, Marlene and Mary and decided to join them.

"What is new in girls dorm?" He flopped himself on the couch next to Marlene.

"I will only tell you anything if you give information from the boys dorm." Mary asked him like trading a deal.

"Marauders don't spill things about each other." He smirked.

Marlene snorted.

"What?" He asked, now looking at her. Her eyes seemed more blue than usual.