'Physical aspect of it'

Marlene was relaxing on the bunk bed they had made for tonight. All of their beds were clubbed together with a simple magic and with simple Mufliato cast over them, so that Cleopatra and Sarah couldn't hear them. They would have gladly involved the other two girls but Mary did not want any one else. All three of them were sitting side by side with muggle beauty mask on their face. Mary's parents owned a shop, so it was quite common for Mary to bring items to Hogwarts that she had never even heard of.

"You know the other day, Emmilene Vance was flirting with Roger?"

"That's why you were giving her death stare during transfiguration?" Lily asked Mary.

"Was I that obvious?"

Lily laughed and nodded.

Mary huffed, "Whatever, let her notice. Roger was grinning like a cat, retelling me the story."

"Atleast he told you." Marlene offered knowing it wasn't enough.

Mary let out a irritated sigh and then turned towards Lily, "So, Lils are you and Nate an item, now that he is going to ask you out for the next Hogsmead?"

"How do you know that?" Lily groaned.

"I have my sources." Mary replied enigmatically. Marlene smiled at her friends antics, there is never a dull moment around when Mary is there. And this warm atmosphere was all she had ever wanted since...

She turned to Lily, "Do you not want to date him?"

Lily bit her lip, "It's complicated."

Mary turned her with full attention, "Is there someone else?"

Lily rolled her eyes, "No."

Marlene then had to ask, "What is then? You yourself said that Nate is good guy after last Hogsmead trip."

Mary interjected, "Did he bore you with Quiditch talk?"

Marlene was quite affronted by this, "Quiditch isn't boring Mar."

Mary gave her 'yeah right' look and then turned to Lily. Lily took this as her que to speak, "Nate is a great guy and we have things in common but he feels like a friend. Aren't you supposed to feel things? I don't know I may sound like a romantic sod, but there should be passion, admiration and fondness if not love. Why even waste time when it isn't present?"

Marlene wanted to come up with something quippy like, 'you feel things when you do things' but she shut her mouth. Won't she be a hypocrite when she herself wished the same. When there were still thousands of 'what ifs' running in her mind.

"Feelings are overrared Lils." She mustered out. Mary gave her a inquisitive look at her statement but didn't say anything, instead she said, "Well you have first try snogging Nate. Then if even that evoke your feelings for him, hop on him. I'm sure you'll feel things, if you know what I mean."

Lily threw a pillow at Mary, "Mary!"

"It's true. It works. Back me up Marls."

"Yeah Mary is right. You forget about your romantic feelings." Marlene grinned, enjoying how uncomfortable Lily was getting.

"Are you and Luke.. erm?" Lily did not even say the word, it was amusing.

"No." And it was true. It wasn't due to anything from her side, Luke never wanted to do anything else nor she wanted him to. Luke wasn't a spur of a moment guy, which is a good thing Marlene has convinced herself.

"When do we have to remove these?" Marlene pointed towards muggle beauty mask.

"Just in ten minutes." Mary replied.