What? I'm merely stating facts.

"Why is he so pissed?"

"Dunno my guess is girl trouble."

"You know I can hear you guys? If I hear another word coming out of any of your mouths, you'll be uh off the team." With the kind of morning, he had no wonder he was in such a bad mood.

"Hey Potter, then how would you fill all the six places now that you can't even fill one." Dammit, he had point. He ignored all the sniggers and considered his options. So far only one genuine pick for chaser had shown up of all the candidates. But he would be a disaster on the team, he had already bloodied two third year girls and also his flying was skews. Although the girls were also on fault, they didn't know a thing about flying. Dunno why they came here anyway.

"Next lot."

As the disappointed fliers came down and the new one kicked off the ground, he jogged up to where Marlene was standing.

"So, what do you reckon?"

She continued to watch the students above them. Following all their movements through her eyes. "About what?"

Sun was blazing hot on his face, and he was really in all the quidditch gear. He was cooking would be an exact term to describe him. "Our third chaser, McKinnon."

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "You want my insight, Captain?"

He huffed. "Don't be so difficult. We have to stay professional for the sake of this game, alright? We both will need a good chemistry with the third chaser."

"You're right. Okay so what about Conway? He was the best of this lot. Nice aim, great speed and has a good throw."

James wiped the sweat of his forehead with his elbow. "You saw what kind of disaster he is up there. Sad thing we might as well have to pick him."

Marlene who was simply in uniform with the robe discarded was not sweating like a pig unlike him. James again checked the student currently flying above them and realized none of them were giving Conway any competition.

"I wish Kating was still here. We would have won the cup for sure." Marlene sighed.

"I know." He sighed too.

"Next lot." He ordered. But there were no more students left. He beckoned the team to form a circle.

"What you all say?"

Everyone mumbled halfhearted 'Conway' only Grant one of their beaters said "Blossom" but James dismissed her because she was afraid of Bulgers.

"Conway it is then."

"What about the other beater? Have you decided? " Grant asked.

James took off his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose. He can still feel the heat reverberating through him like a wave and this question brought a migraine he didn't know it existed.

Now James not only have to deal with the prospect of choosing a new beater from all the average results he had seen in the trial, but he will have to tolerate a very angsty Sirius Black. Which in fact was his own mistake that threw him off this team. The scars of the Snape incident were still fresh, but he didn't know he had to deal with its consequence this soon.

"Well, I will think over it at night. Alright we'll have our practice on Sunday-

"Sunday is Hogsmeade day so you'll need to reschedule."

"What about Saturday then? Oh, shoot I have detention for missing out on today's lesson. Never mind I'll inform you all." He walked back towards the stands where currently a sulking Sirius was sitting.