Tea?

The night before the full moons were always tough for Remus. There was a deep ache in his bones and he always felt feverish. He tried to sleep only to wake up after minutes to find himself covered in sweat. He threw the duvet and climbed out of the bed. Standing near the window he looked at the moon, it looked almost full if he hadn't been a werewolf he might have mistaken it for full moon but because he was what he was he knew the moon as his second nature.

On days like these it was hard to distinguish between the wolf and him. He didn't know who liked the rare steak him or the wolf. He didn't know who ran on this high temperature him or the wolf. It was not always this bad but he had learnt some full moon were different than other full moons. He turned around to look at the nearest bed, Sirius was sleeping with his bed posters hanging open. For Remus, he was always the most difficult person to be friends with.

James was the easiest to be friends with. Honestly anyone who spent minutes with him would want to be his friend. As arrogant and proud James was, he always made you feel important. He would listen and never push you, always respecting your boundaries. Something which Remus liked the most about him. James was the most observant out of all marauders, no matter how fidgety he appeared on the outside. He would speak the truth you yourself are afraid to say out loud, sometimes which got him in trouble especially with Lily.

Maybe these were the attributes which attracted Peter to James. Peter liked the attention which James gave him or protectiveness James had for their little friend. Peter was incredibly funny and always understood the situation. Most of the people do not know this but Peter was the best among them when it comes to escaping a tricky situation.

Sirius on the other hand was a closed book. He was loud and carried his heart on his sleeve but he was also guarded, impulsive and sometimes tunnel focused. He loved who he loved and had no space for others. As his name for Sirius was either black or white. Maybe that is why the betrayal had hurt him so much. Out of everyone he would have been the first person to take revenge if it was someone else who has done what he had done. He would have made elaborate plans to make that person suffer. But now it was him.

Maybe some part of Remus had never forgiven him. He would push and prod his mind to see which part of him had not forgiven him. Was it the eleven year old Remus? Who berated himself for trusting someone in the first place or was it the wolf? Angry because he was betrayed by his own pack.

Remus felt rather than his body cooling he was just getting angry.

"Moony?" He turned around to see Peter climbing out his bed.

"I woke you up? Didn't I?"

"Iss 'kay." Peter came to stand behind him.

"Trouble sleeping?" The smallest marauder asked him.

He nodded because it was sometimes hard to say the stuff. Peter had this knowing look and Remus wondered how much Peter had clue as to what is going in his mind. They all had turn himself into a monster, it must not have been pretty sight. He has tried - for the sake of keeping normalcy in his life - to hide his pre full moon symptoms, but he knew all of them had a clue.

"Tea?" Peter asked him. And because all this introspection and reflection was really not good for his health, he nodded.

Like an unspoken agreement both of made their way towards common room. There were few students here and there working on their homework or talking in hushed whispers. They both sat down on their favourite couch near the fireplace and Peter started preparing tea.

He looked at Peter who was conjuring the materials needed by his wand, concentrating really hard to all of this non verbally.

"I'm getting no better at this." Peter moaned and then went on to the spells verbally.