You live for drama.

James was really in a good mood. He had a good practice session where he didn't have to scream at the new players, his homework was complete for the next day and most importantly everything was going as planned for their big Christmas prank. They had played few small pranks, so that professors wouldn't think they were too quiet and start suspecting them. The only hiccup in their plan was his detention with Evans.

You see, now that all four of them had grown quite tall, it was difficult to fit even two of them under the cloak and with Sirius under scrutiny because of his last year's stunt, Remus being too tall and Peter being his clumsy self - it was upto James to complete the final flourish to set everything in motion. But with this detention, he had to go late than decided wich was really unideal because not only Filch but sometimes even sometimes professors patrolled there. If it had been a silent task, with the help of map and cloak he would have been fine. But the task was going to be really really noisy.

"Are you sure you cannot skive off detention? Just say you are sick or something." Peter asked toying with a grey coloured every flavoured bean. He sniffed it but then decided to give it a go.

"You really think anyone is going to believe that? It will make them more suspicious of us." Sirius said taking the box from Peter taking a pink one out. It must have tasted good because Sirius grinned.

"Besides, we shouldn't stress Lily even more with everything going on." Remus shoved his head back in the book he was reading.

"Yeah you're right." Peter ammended again taking the box back from Sirius.

"About her, what do you think it is? I thought that she was withholding something." He asked looking closely at all of them. Remus closed his book his interest piqued, Sirius looked away from him and Peter said, "Maybe she will tell Marlene and you can ask her?"

"Knowing Evans she wouldn't even tell Marlene." James explained to Peter but kept on looking at Sirius.

"You know more about this, don't you?" He asked him.

"Maybe." Sirius answered cryptically.

"What do you know Padfoot?" Remus asked.

"Whatever I know, it's not really my place to tell. Bloody hell don't give me that look, I do not like gossiping."

"Liar. You live for drama." James shoved him.

"Yeah once you took Bertha Jorkins to Hogsmead just to get the Hogwarts day to day news." Remus said dryly.

"That doesn't proof anything, okay?" Sirus whinned.

"It does." James smirked.

"So, tell us what insider information do you have?" Remus asked reaching out for the every flavor beans.

"Evans would have my head if I told you all, so no. If you want to know anything ask her." Sirius mimed zipping his mouth shut.

"Evans know that you know?" Peter asked.

"Yeah. She told me herself after I caught her-" Sirius abruptly stopped realising dawning on his face that he was giving more information than needed.

James knew if Sirus could tell them, he would have told them a long time ago. There wasn't any point in forcing him. He could ask her about this in detention.

So, James stood up took his cloak and map, "Lads wish me luck."

"Do not over do the spell." Remus warned.

"I wouldn't."

"Don't get caught." Peter mumbled.

"Wasn't planning on that."