The full moon

'I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met.'

- Lord Huron, the night we met.

'Happy Birthday Moron!' The poster was hanging on Sirius's bedpost. It was November the third and James were totally prepared for it. But there was a little hiccup and that was along with being 3rd November, it was also a full moon. So as said a slight hiccup.

But it was a bit bigger than slight because Sirius hadn't gone with them to the shrieking shack for the last two months. And whatever James said, he won't come along with them. The only person who could really convince him to come with them was Remus, but James suspected that Remus also didn't want Sirius to come with them. And he couldn't blame Remus for that, after all the last time Sirius was around with them, it was a pretty traumatic night for him. With quidditch practices and full moons he was missing out, James knew that it was all adding up to a huge volcano in his mind. And frankly first time in his life he wasn't sure how he will deal with him when that erupts.

"Do you think Professors will mind if you wear that to the class?"

"Don't worry Wormy, they won't." Sirius said to Peter, slightly tilting his hat.

"Yes, they will." Remus said as he got up from the bed and snatched the hat out of him.

"My beloved hat." Sirius cried dramatically.

James thought it was a good time to pipe in, "You look ridiculous in this hat."

"No, I don't. I know that." James just flipped him off, because secretly he admitted that he surely was pulling off that ridiculous hat.

Remus rolled his eyes, "Debatable. Anyways let's head to breakfast."

Confetti showers erupted in the Great Hall as Sirius entered. James winced in pain as Sirius punched him in the arm, "You bastards. That's why you wanted me to remove my hat, to ruin my hair." But he was grinning ear to ear, watching everyone in the hall even the professors covered in Confetti. Various mutters of cleaning spell could be heard there.

It was totally worth the trouble and the detention to come.

-/-/-/-

The marauders all met again during the lunch and again there was this prank where the Slytherins couldn't find any cutlery. So, James happily watched as they all scrambled about, how to eat the lunch. Some were eating with their hands, and some transfigured something into spoons and knives.

"Best gift." Sirius whispered.

"It was my idea." Peter proudly exclaimed.

"Good one, Pete."

They all were digging on the pie. Except Remus who was looking rather sick and was only picking the food. James pushed the steak in front of him, "Eat. You will feel better." He said in perfect imitation of Remus.

He made a face but started to eat a little bit slowly. He turned towards Sirius, "What I have heard Padfoot, you don't want a birthday party?"

"Moony." Sirius said as if it was an explanation.

"Don't do the thing where you use a word as explanation of something. It's very annoying."

James and Peter nodded.

"It's my birthday. I can celebrate the way I want. And I've heard Conny McConnell has gotten very pretty. So, I'll celebrate with her, if you know what I mean."

They all did.

"Whatever Padfoot. If you don't want a party because- " He then lowered his voice, "today is full moon then Prongs and Peter can stay with you."

OPPOSITE FORCES, A Jily Love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें