Tutoring is for losers.

December was rolling around the corner and Lily and Sirius still had not managed to find anything. It was more due to the lack of knowledge of dark spells in the case of Lily and the short span in which Sirius got bored of almost anything. Lily was extremely grateful for his presence nonetheless because she had no clue where to start but spending a lot of time together raised many questions. So, Sirius has successfully lied to everyone that he was tutoring her transfiguration. Lily had rolled her eyes. A suspicious Remus had asked, "Really Padfoot? You always said, 'tutoring is for losers'?"

"No Moony I'd never say that. I have always helped others, especially those who are less talented. No offense Evans." Remus had thrown his hands in exasperation and Lily had only given him the evil eye.

Also, she still had not talked with Potter, and Mary started accusing her of stalling. The quidditch match was coming and she was unable to get a hold of him. Also, the start of quidditch meant that now his ego was on cloud nine. And as much as she wanted to ground him with her rejection right now, she knew, it would be just cruel to do it for the wrong reasons.

On top of all these, Nate was dropping subtle hints to her that he wanted to take her on a real date. She had no clue how she felt about that. Would it be too bad that a nice boy, who liked her, wanted to date her?

She was reading one of her long overdue books, Persuasion when all the quidditch players walked in coming after practice. Marlene's ever-so-shiny hair looked wild, the new beater was frowning, and Potter was patting him on the back saying something encouraging. His hands for once were not doing gestures as he spoke, before the kid departed Potter gave him a hard pat on his back, their eyes locked at that moment, and she looked away.

A very sweaty Nate dropped next to her, reaching for her book. She grabbed it back from him, "Not with sweaty hands."

"Okay! Okay!"

Marlene sat down on the opposite couch, "I hate him." Lily did not have to ask who she was talking about as she was glaring daggers at Potter. Potter did not notice her; he was now talking to the new chaser. What's up with him talking with the rookies?

"Me too," Nate replied.

"Why?" Lily asked not looking up from her book.

"He made us practice again and again because the third chaser was rubbish."

"That's harsh, I guess," Lily said.

Nate tapped on her arm and gave her a scarf, a Gryffindor scarf to be specific. Lily looked at it and raised her eyebrows in question.

"I would like you to wear this scarf on the day of the match as a sign of good luck."

Lily closed her book now; this needed her whole attention. "A scarf will make you win?"

He replied, "I know it won't, but it will make me happy. You are cheering for me in my scarf."

Lily rolled her eyes but nodded, "Okay I will."

"Really?"

Lily smiled. He scooted closer to her and whispered, "Thank you."

"I had no clue it was such a big deal." She whispered back.

"Oh, it is. You are practically my girlfriend now." For a split second her face turned horrified but then she understood. "YOU!" Nate was laughing breathlessly.

"Get a room, you two," Marlene said in an annoyed voice. Both of them ignored her.

"What are the chances my boyfriend will cheer for me wearing my scarf?" She asked.

"None. We are playing against his house remember?" Nate replied. Marlene let out a huff of annoyance and stomped out of the common room. Lily knew where she was going, most probably to find Luke and ask him whether he will support her or not. Lily let out a chuckle.