Magenta Robes. Definitely Dumbledore.

As far as James was concerned the party was going as they had planned. The entrance of the common room was charmed to magically change the costume of the person entering. At first, they had decided to make it a muggle costume party for Halloween but Remus had argued the purebloods won't understand the concept so they had decided to charm the entrance so that the costume would be magically taken care of. There were so many Merlins, Goblins, trolls, dragons, and other famous witches and wizards like Rowena Ravenclaw, Godric Gryffindor even Dumbledore. Everyone was in costumes except the marauders who have fashioned themselves as the marauders. James had antlers on top of his head but other than that he was in normal robes. Similarly, Remus had werewolf fangs (which people kept referring to as vampire teeth for which Remus was a bit thankful), Peter had mouse ears and Sirius had a dog snout.

Nobody questioned their weird costume because at this point they all were accustomed to marauders' weird antics. As James looked around, he saw Sirius dancing wildly with two girls. Remus was around a corner talking with Cleopatra who was dressed as a goblin. Since when Remus was friends with Cleopatra?

Almost telepathically Remus also looked at him at the same time. James wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and Remus rolled his eyes and continued the conversation as if this exchange never happened. Peter was nowhere in the sight. James was getting bored, and he could see a group of giggling fifth year girls approaching him. To escape them he grabbed the first person he could see, "Oi Frank is that you?"

"Yes Potter. Great party." Frank gestured towards the room.

Bowing dramatically James said, "My pleasure. So, where you are heading?"

"To Alice." He gestured towards the Head girl who had white snowy beards till her waist. " Bloody hell! Is she Merlin or Dumbledore?"

"Magenta robe. Definitely Dumbledore." James felt a wee bit proud of himself as it was his idea that costumes remain unisex.

"You guys are bonkers." Shaking his head Frank walked away.

James looked around for another distraction but found none. He thought of joining Sirius on table for dancing but 'Cauldron full of love' was playing and James hated that song.

He was a bit surprised to see Lily wasn't in the party. He knew she disliked parties, but she always came just to be a party pooper. Sometimes even he questioned what exactly he saw in her. It was nagging his mind to know why she didn't come. Maybe she is sick? Or maybe she has finally given up on her prissy ways? Whatever the reason was, it was nagging him. And he told himself that it was the only reason he went to Mary to ask about Lily.

The point is he couldn't just ask about her that'll mean he is still not over her. He will not overthink about it, he told himself.

Mary was sitting on the couch with someone dressed as troll. She herself was dressed as dragon and was among few who was actually pulling off this dragon costume.

"Macdonald!" Okay so she was sitting with Davies, and he had heard rumors. So, he almost felt guilty for disturbing them. Almost being the key word.

"Potter what do you want?"

"How is the party? Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Um yeah. Is there something specific you want? I'm kind of busy now."

"Where is everyone?" He cringed at himself for how lame he sounded.

"Are you high?" Now even Davies was looking at him weirdly. Great.

"Nothing. I just wanted to know if Evans is coming to the party. Actually, there's some real restricted stuff we are going to do that's why." James congratulated himself for thinking quick.