Just headache.

Lily was bloody exhausted after the day she had. She had landed herself in a detention as she didn't had enough in her plate. Being amused at Potter's antics always comes with a prize. But it was a complicated peace of transfiguration combined with the fact it was enchanted to mimic her was almost extraordinary. No matter how much she hated Potter, he was really really talented wizard and somehow that increased her hate for him even more.

She had heard her friends say all the things to console her about the remark of Potter. More like they both had agreed that Potter was right, some Slytherin was behind it. It was bad enough that Slytherins had prejudice against them, now they had to have prejudice against Slytherins too. Can't they all see, whatever whispers of this war was going around in the castle walls, was all because of some people's prejudice against a specific community?

It was more than that, she knew which person he were talking about when he mentioned Slytherins. He was talking about Severus and she knew it. Whether they might be right or not, Lily tried not to think too much on it.

Walking up the astronomy tower for their class, Lily kept her eyes glued to her book as to not pay too much attention to her friends. Professor had not even entered and Lily was feeling the beginning of a headache. She still tried to focus on her book the words blurring in front of her eyes as she heard the foot steps and next moment the Professor was in the class.

"So, class today we will discuss the effects of constellations on powerful magical spells." Even the voice of Professor Jones was triggering her in a way she couldn't place and Lily was trying not to wince in pain. It was much worse than the last Astronomy class.

Lily thought about what Potter would say, if she ever told him about all this. He would suggest some Slytherin was behind it, most probably Sev. What if he was the one behind it for real? What would she do then? It's not the first time he had done something to hurt her.

As the professor started talking about different spells, Lily realized she couldn't take it anymore. She muttered, "Hospital wing." before rushing out of the class. When she was far enough from the class she tried to ignore the migrane and really tried to think about that day outside Professor Jone's office. Had someone followed her then and then cursed her there that's why in that Professor's presence or maybe it was Professor herself who cursed her.

She could see Marlene rushing after her, "Hey Lils, what happened?"

"Just headache." Lily mumbled, head still pounding.

"Bullshit. You wouldn't rush out of class for headche, I have seen you work even when you had flu." Marlene said with resolution that she wouldn't go anywhere until she told her.

"I just couldn't take the breeze with this headache. It's just that." Lily replied. Marlene looked suspicious but didn't press.

"C'mon let me take you to hospital wing then." 

"I can go by myself." Lily said weakly knowing full well Marlene isn't going to let her.

"Bullshit." Marlene grabbed her shoulders started steering them towards hospital wing. A rush of fondness was welling inside of her for friend.

A flicker of annoyance was on Madame Promfrey's face when she saw them, "Now what have we here? This school." She shook her head.

Marlene explained the situation for her. Madame Promfey looked at Lily, "Miss Evans but I have already said to you, I can not give a stronger batch of headache relieving potion to a young girl like you. It has adverse effects."

Lily realized her mistake, ofcourse the nurse would bring this up. Lily had argued with her for a stronger headache relieving potion hasn't she? Marlene held her tongue, but Lily knew as soon as they were out of sights of the nurse questions would come.

The nurse gave her the usual batch of potion, Lily did drink it in front of the nurse.

As soon as they were out of the door, "What was that about?"

"What was what about?" Lily said innocently thinking of a way she could change the subject.

"You know what I mean." Marlene had that stubborn look, which Lily had seen her use against her brothers and Potter. It was quite ennerving.

Before she could explain everything marauders and Mary arrived. Lily hadn't realised this much time has passed that class might be dismissed.

"These guys insisted on tagging along. Really I would have shoo'ed them." Mary said giving her a apologetic look.

Lily realized, how much this issue is going to escalate if she explained everything to them right now.

"Before you all interrupted Lily was going to tell me, why she had been badgering Madame Promfrey for strong headache potion." Marlene said pointedly looking at Lily.

Lily tried to gather her thoughts. She had decided to tell her friends after the holidays right? So what difference few days are going to do? She should just explain everything to them. A wise decision. Lily mentally high fived herself for thinking this straight and being this calm.

"I have been having pretty horrid headaches lately. With everything going on, it's just too much stress." After mumbling out this half ass reason, Lily sighed. She was such a coward. Where was her gryffindor spirit? She looked at Sirius and he was giving her a look filled with disappointment.

"Why didn't you say anything to any of us?" Marlene asked her.

"Are you sure you do not have caught any muggle disease?" Peter asked her.
All of them looked at Peter, he tried to explain himself, "I have seen in movies, canker they call it."

"Shut up, Wormtail." Potter snapped.

"It's cancer and no I do not have that." Merlin, Lily hoped not. She knew she was cursed, she couldn't remember by whom or exactly where but she had this feeling she couldn't shake.

"Is that all of it?" Sirius asked her giving her another opportunity but Lily just glared at him.

"Try to be a little compassionate there, Padfoot." Remus reprimanded him. Lily wanted to explain Remus how compassionate Sirius had been but had no idea how to do that without blowing her cover.

"How long this has been going on, Evans?" Potter asked. Lily couldn't place his expression, his face was unreadable.

"Few months."

"Few months, you didn't tell us?" Mary asked furiously.

"What was I supposed to say, 'hey I am having migranes, good day to you too'? Honestly you all are making big deal out of nothing."

"Yes that's what you are supposed to do." Mary sniffed.

Lily shook her head, annoyed but amused. It was touching how much these people cared for her. Even Peter with his cancer suggestion. They discussed a little more about what they are supposed to tell or hide from their friends. Finally the marauders left them but not before each one them, except Sirius ofcourse, had asked if she was fine. Remus being the most sympathetic, Peter as always a little shy and Potter uncharacteristically serious and curt. No matter how much these questions annoyed her, they were the proof that people cared for her. And who wouldn't feel warm and happy at that thought?