Feel Of Her

James' eyes widened as he heard her say that. He knew his heart has stopped beating and his lungs have stopped breathing, his head started to feel dizzy, and he shook his head to clear the dizziness. Somewhere in the background Sirius was hooting and clapping him on the back, Remus was climbing out of the bench to reach the girls, and Professor McGonagall was also coming towards Lily. But all was a blur, what only mattered now was Lily Evans.

She was looking at him with her head tilted to a side with a look full of love. He realized something was very wrong with her eyes, they were not sparkling like they always did, they were kind of dull. Her smile was also so not Lily Evans, right now it was kind of sickeningly sweet with a dreamy sort of look. Something is so wrong with her he thought in his head because Lily Evans who called him big headed and arrogant, who thought he was nothing more than a bully would never say she love him.

A punch in his arm drew him away from his thoughts. He looked at Sirius who was preparing to stab his fork in his arm to gain his attention.

"What?" He said in irritation.

"Now you answer me when I got the creative idea to make you listen to me." He ridiculously pouted. He continued "I said earlier that, man she got you there."

"I still don't get what are you saying "

" Well, I think she played a prank on you to get revenge for all you did to her. I mean who could tolerate a person, who asked her out 26 times a day." Sirius said.

"Look I have told you many times it was one time thing, and I did that to annoy her. And I don't think she said all these to prank me. This is not like Evans." James still cannot believe that Evans said these words to him.

" Yeah, he is right. Her pumpkin juice has been spiked with love potion that's why she was confessing her undying love for you. " Remus now returned gave this information. " All girls are murderous; they think you were the one to give her love potion. "

"WHAT??? you know that moony I would never in million years give her a love potion to make her fall in love with me. don't you know me??? " James's mind boggled with this information, he couldn't believe anybody would think this low of him. It is one thing to constantly ask out a girl you like or try different attempts to 'woo' her, but it was whole another thing to slip love potion to a girl just to get her love.

"Yeah mate, I know I know, but the love potion has to give by him for her to fall in love with him " Remus told in an explanatory tone.

There's one thing James never liked about Remus -his diplomatic nature. Like this statement which was neither here nor there.

" Moony are you implying James did this?? James Potter who loved Lily Evans since he was 11 DID THIS...." James did not let Sirius finish the sentence. He never liked his love life or lack of love life being discussed by his friends.

"One second Sirus. I just like this girl and I think she is pretty and nothing else. I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH HER, STOP ASSUMING THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW " James yelled the last sentence... he was getting frustrated with all the events occurring today. He looked up saw all of the students from Gryffindor table were looking at him now. Few of the Ravenclaws were also looking in his direction. He looked at Sirus and Remus who were avoiding his eyes and Peter who was looking at him with terrified eyes.

He saw Marlene and Mary walking in the great hall but without Lily this time. He cannot handle their bullshit above all these. So, he just grabbed his stuff and stormed out of great hall while trying and failing to maintain his cool.

Out of great hall he thought where he should go... his dorms?? No, the boys would come there looking for him. To hospital wing in case Evans would be there?? No, he didn't know what he is going to talk to her. He started walking randomly and found himself in quidditch pitch. He started running starting at slow speed than sped up... fast, fast, fast until his lungs felt like they were burning, and he felt his mind getting clear.

He knew he shouldn't had yelled at his friends, neither Moony was blaming him nor Sirius was saying something which is not true. He really did love her. Right from the day he set his eyes on the crying eleven-year-old girl. He realized this last year, after the Snape and the M-word incident. When he saw how much she was hurt from the incident, neither Snape being insulted or the break of Lily's and Snivellous's friendship brought him joy. All he could see was the pain in her eyes after hearing that word from her own best friend's mouth.

Yeah... after all these years he fell in love with her, but he never ever wants to say that loud. If he ever said that to anyone there would be no going back for him, it would be all real and reality is always painful. It should be his own blissful dream, imagination. She hated him too much for all of his dream to come true. And she would hate him more, because as everyone, she would also believe he slipped her love potion to get her. And this thought made him even more sad.

Well after few days he would realize how wrong he was......