I would like to taste it.

"Can't believe Mrs. Potter is not throwing a Christmas party this year. She loves planning it."

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter all were sitting in their dorm early in the morning waiting for breakfast time. They had to be ready as soon as everyone left for Hogsmead to start their preparation. Remus was bundled up in a blanket, clearly the least likely person to be up this early. Peter was failing to not fall asleep. Sirius was unusually very active and was providing new topics to keep them awake. And for James well, waking up early wasn't a big deal. It is his usual morning run time for quidditch season.

"She wrote something along the lines of the current climate not being safe and her age is finally catching up to her which is bullshit." James knew his parents were old, but that is nothing compared to wizarding standards.

"I will miss those parties. Best place to ensure my Christmas wouldn't go without festivities if you know what I mean." Sirius wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

Remus groaned, "Everyone gets your drifts. Please it's too early for your filth."

"You wouldn't consider it filth if you had a taste of it. Back me Prongs."

James laughed, "And how am I supposed to back you? I had as much taste as Moony."

"You both are tossers you know?"

Peter muttered sleepily, "I would like to taste it."

"And what are we talking about?" Sirius asked muffling his laughter.

"Chocolate fudge."

Three of them burst out laughing, it was enough to break Peter from his sleepy state.

"What?"

Remus shook his head.

"I always miss out on every joke." He muttered.

"No Wormy, you missed out because you were sleeping." Remus consoled Peter.

James explained the joke to Peter and he was a little perked up after that. They all chatted for a while and then decided to head for breakfast. In grand scheme of James knew it was one the most important breakfast of their lives. The success of their prank was entirely dependent on that.

Entering the common room he tried his best to ignore a nicely done red plaits with white cardigan. He also ignored that she was wearing a flowy emarald green dress underneath. For a moment she looked up at him and smiled and made a hand gesture to come over. He stood their thinking about the things he needed to let go. He looked beside him realized that gesture was for Remus who was standing beside him, raising eyebrows at her. Remus walked over to her and he followed too.

"Heating charms really work? Because I do not trust them and Marls has convinced me to wear this." She gestured towards her dress.

"They will work but you may need to redo it again and again." Remus said.

"Well I am doomed, these stockings are not warm enough. Anyways thank you Remus, wish me luck!" Her eyes were gleaming, cheeks flushed.

"Best of luck. Hopefully Nate turns out to be your Mr. Darcy."

James was absorbing it all. He will later on ask who is this Mr Darcy bloke is but for now, he looked for Marlene. It was easy to find her.

"Marley!"

She was sitting on the couch flipping through quidditch through ages. She raised her eyes from the magazine.

"What is it Jamesy?"

"Do not call me that."

She smirked at him and rushed over to him, "You look as if a buldger has smacked you in face."

"And you know how that looks like because...?"

"I focus on important things."

He just shook his head at her antics. Again instinctively he sneaked a look at Lily who was now talking with a newly arrived Nate. The only part loud enough for him to hear was, 'well I am carrying my coat, you can have it at any point' he tried to tune out the conversation best he could.

Too late he realized Marlene had caught him he meekly said, "What?"

She just shook her head no longer looking mischievous just sad. It was an odd feeling, his friends are no longer teasing him, they are feeling sorry for him. This was not the boat he wanted to be on, he needed to move on starting from today.

His mood wasn't uplifted during the breakfast. He tried to muster all the excitement and energy but suddenly he wanted to be on quidditch pitch on his broom. Suddenly, he heard commotion coming from Ravenclaw table.

"What happened?" He asked.

Remus pointed at the daily prophet.

   Deatheaters, that's what they call themselves.

In w recent attack in muggle London very close to ministry of magic two deatheaters were caught by auror Mad-Eye Moody and his assistant Kingsley Shacklebolt. Their names are not revealed to us at the moment but Barty Crouch has mentioned that these people (or as our speculation has it you know who's soldiers) like to call themselves death Eaters and most of the death Eaters had a very peculiar tattoo on their wrist. They also casted a spell which the death Eaters confessed as Dark Mark. The ministry has expressed their gratitude towards Mr. Joseph Vance who had informed the ministry of the attack while undergoing severe torture from the death Eaters. He is now admitted to St. Mungo's and is under observation. We will update you with more information.

Now let's hear the opinion of various wizarding families on this attack...

James had stopped reading and looked at the Ravenclaw table where Emmeline and Sarah were sitting. They were huddled close and Cleopatra was consoling them. It was weird thinking  that how non trivial things he was worried about just momments ago.

"Poor Vances. They got the news from daily prophet." Remus sighed.

"I have met Mr. Vance couple of times. I never realised how brave he is, holy shit." James was trying to remember his face and few conversations he had with him.

"Everything now feels so real. Before it was just a rumour but now..." Peter did not finish his sentence but he got what Peter must be feeling. He wouldn't voice it, but he felt it too.

Admist their discussion Sirius was sitting extremely silent. Remus noticed it too, "What is it Padfoot?"

"The tattoo." He whispered and suddenly it dawned to him, Regulus had a very peculiar tattoo on his wrist didn't he? And Sirius had mentioned Bellatrix did too. The implication of it was huge.

"Do not jump to conclusions padfoot. James hadn't had a good look at the tattoo, maybe it was nothing." Remus was trying to convince Sirius but at this point even James wasn't convinced. What else would make Snivellous admire Regulus? It all made sense.

"Yeah, you are right. So, when are we starting? We need to retrieve the materials from hiding spot." Sirius has changed the topic but James knew Sirius well enough to know that he hasn't dropped it from his mind. And last time something like this has happened, Moony's secret was almost revealed. He only hoped this time nothing like this happens, and in his mind he knew he was the one who had to ensure it.