Old fights and Apologies

"...........and this encounter with Black made me realize James couldn't do this. Why did even I suspect him in the first place? Like really, I used to know him. And I know what guy he used to be. How could I?"

"Because you're always quick to judge people? Or maybe because you like to draw your own conclusions?"

A pillow flung at Mary. It hit her in the face.

"I do not," Marlene said. But then looking at Lily she said, "What do you think?"

"I had similar encounter with Black. Last night when I was in astronomy tower -

"What were you doing in astronomy tower?" Marlene and Mary asked her same time.

"Let me finish it. You guys have to interrupt, anyways where was I? Yeah, I was sleeping on the floor of astronomy tower and before you ask - yes alone and sleep here means literally sleeping- So then Black woke me and we had little chit chat about Potter." Lily finished. She was a bit moved by how much his friends were putting effort.

"But if not Potter than who? I am going to find out who actually did this to me. "

"We'll help you Lils but in the meantime you have to listen to James, you know. You should know what he has to say." Marlene said. From their expression she knows Marls was now going to ask about how she ended up sleeping on astronomy tower.

So, changing the topic she asked, "Weren't you two arch enemies? Why now taking his side Marls?"

Marlene was combing her straight silver blond hair. Lily always admired how perfect they looked.  " Lils the thing is this is beyond our fight. Wow this is coming out like a dialogue from movie. But I guess you get my point."

"I've asked you hundred times, still I'm going to ask, what is the reason behind this fight? You two were best friends before this summer." This topic was discussed many times in the 6th year girl's dorm. Mary would ask about it and Marlene will brush away this subject. Personally, Lily believed that Marls would tell them when she was ready, but she was curious too.

"It's nothing. He was being a jerk about something."  Marlene tied her hair in loose ponytail and grabbed her robe and said changing the topic, "Ugh I'm so hungry. I'm heading to great hall. Join me when your lazy asses are ready." She blew a kiss at them.

Mary threw a pillow at her, but she escaped.
"We should head out too. We'll be late if we didn't." Lily said securing the pillow at its previous position.

Common room was full of students when they emerged there. Someone tapped her on the shoulder, "Uh Potter?"

"Listen Evans, I know you don't want to, but can we talk?"

"Yeah okay." She turned to Mary, "I'll join you guys in the great hall"

Mary shrugged and left. Lily started walking hoping Potter will follow. Soon enough they were on the balcony of Gryffindor's tower. She looked at Potter expectantly.

"Nice choice of place." He chuckled. But now with sincere voice, "First of all I'm sorry."

"Did you just apologize? " She had not expected that.

"Yeah, I mean I'm apologizing you had to go through all these. I guess Hogwarts have been pretty tough on you this week. "

"You guess, huh? Even being victim, I was somehow the bad guy." Lily hated gossips and rumors that has been started since that incident. She glared at him.

"I know right? But I was not behind this, you have to know. Look I know you don't think highly of me, but I didn't give you love potion. I would never do that to anyone, least to you. I mean I could never hurt you -

"I don't think you spiked my juice, okay? But I need more than words." Was it first time she believed in him? she did not know. But somehow, she knew he was not behind this. Because he liked to own up to the prank he pulled. It was not like him to deny a prank (but can this be considered as a prank; she did not know). Anyhow her words surprised Potter.

"You don't think I did this?"

"No"

"Wow Evans, so you believe I'm not guilty?" A real grin split on his. Not the arrogant or goofy but actual smile.

"Don't push it, Potter." In a stern voice but a smiled played on her lips too.

"Oh, I won't." He mimicked zipping his mouth.

"One more thing Evans"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry and thank you for listening to me " He looked so serious now she couldn't believe this was the guy who did these horrible things to others.

"No problem Potter." With a nod at him she started heading towards great hall. A mature conversation with Potter, without either of them yelling at the other, who would've thought the possibility of that. Potter can be nice if he wanted to be, but that git preferred to be an ass. She shook her head.

Hello guys
Again a small chapter. But I had to break the chapter in two parts because it got too lengthy.

Do you all like more chapters dedicated to jily? Or marauders? Let me know.

Comments, reviews, suggestions are always welcome.

<3
Sherry.