Chapter 54

Don't forget to leave a vote, comment, and fan!

___

HE LOOKS AT me and Caleb. Caleb then back to me. Rubbed his eyes, look at me again, and back to Caleb. Then stared. He puts a hand over his head nearly falling out the door. "Sweet mother of Heaven!"

HOLY COW!

I immediately pushed my hands against Caleb's chest under my starlight blanket, moving him as far away from me as possible.

My chest tightens suddenly and I had difficulty breathing from the LEVEL OF FRIGHT! For seventeen years, I never had experience chest pain before but it seem like my physical health was in that stage. It was never my intention to keep Caleb linger on upstairs- completely unaware that someone else in the house would actually catch us!! That someone else ended up being Jeremiah! We have gotten so used to being open with each other in private but forgot about the public. I tried to think of an explanation quickly but how dare my brain betrays me from processing. Eyelid fatigue, constantly yawning, and I am very exhausted.

Please, oh lord, this CAN'T be happening right now!

This is bad!! This is bad!! This is really, really, REALLY BAD!

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Breathe, two, three, four. Breathe, two three, four.

I inhaled and exhale discreetly against my chest.

Adrenaline rushes to my cheeks and my knuckles grew numb. Wow, is it possible to be sweating this much when the room temperature is chilly? Even when the air conditioner is blasting? A wedge of the sunrise burst past the narrow windows. It aligns with Jeremiah who was almost choking on his rage.

Everything was flying so fast in a blink of an eye that I wish there was enough time to process. But not here or not right now. One of the many superpowers that I always found the least cool in supervillain cosmic is invisibility. The power to render oneself unable to be seen. Well, over time my perspective has drastically changed! A perfect moment where I would be using the invisibility superpower now for protection!

Wow, if only I had locked my door right this time! Ever since I move in, I had a very bad habit of sleeping with my door unlocked. A small part of the reason was that I felt safe in this house. A big part of the reason is when Caleb use to somehow find a way to barge into my room in the mornings for school to torture me when I was first new to this town. Somehow he probably has the key. He obviously doesn't do it anymore after he read my diary but I had already gotten used to sleeping with my door unlock that it became normal.

How come we didn't hear anyone coming down the hallway? Was the air conditioner that loud?

And why is he doing up sooooo early? He's usually sleeping at this time. Wait- I lied! The guy is usually an early bird. He would either be eating breakfast by now or inviting his friend over to play video games.

This wasn't the first time Jeremiah would enter my room looking for me BUT he would always knock first. It was a different story this time. Could it be a conversation that was overheard? I mean, our rooms are next door to each other. I didn't know what he heard but the air conditioner was still blasting not unless he has thin ears.

Never in my life- even if aliens abduct this planet in a thousand years- would I ever imagine expect an outcome to be bizarre. I tried to refrain my memory during a time when I wasn't brave but nothing can ever beat this. It was all fun and games when I couldn't care less about what everybody criticizes in this small town until it was actually happening in reality.