Chapter 3

The sunrise around 5 AM. It was earlier than the sunrise in Kentucky. I really missed my hometown. I woke up with the sounds of birds. They were in front of the window chirping and flying around. I wanted to feed them bread. I was too lazy to get up and shriek the curtains. The brightness in my room disturbs my sleep.

I wasn't going anywhere. I still needed time to recharge. This environment was brand new. I still needed to explore around the town.

The door knocks.

I was too lazy to get up. I wanted to fall asleep again from here. I know that if I had continued to ignore it the sound will never leave. I stood up from bed to answer the door. "Come in," I mumbled, spreading myself immediately on the bed when I unlock the door.

"Carly, it's time to get up." My father's voice drifted behind the door and into my room. "Good news, you just got accepted to Pinewood High! The principal wants you to come today. You might start your first day at a new school."

I buried my face on my pillows. "Today's a Thursday and the week is already over. Can't I just go to my new school next week?"

"No."

"Talking to you SURE makes my mornings feel special!" I grunted through my pillows in sarcasm.

Dad shrieks the covers off my body. Now I can get a glimpse of how blind the sun was making my eyes burn through the glass windows. My whole body was freezing. Yesterday it was just hot when we left the airport.

"Dad, come on! It's 6 AM!" I cried, trying to pull the covers to my flat chest. This was unfair. I really like school. I really enjoy working. I really deserve to enhance my education. Not when it involves me being social with a completely new environment. Anxiety plays a major role how my mental health now.

"Fine, I told you to not sleep late for a reason! Now, look at you! Lose blood when you don't sleep. You're going get up anyways."

I shot a thump up, still burying my face on the pillows. Nothing could make me get up from my royal sleep. I pretended to snore while I shift my tired position on the bed.

"Guess no more credit card anymore." He teases.

Unless it's earning money weekly.

"Ugh, alright! I'm already up!" I injected.

He smugged, heading for the door. "Great! Madison also cooks breakfast. Say hello to everyone when you're dressed."

"Wait!" I called out when Dad exit my room. He must've heard when he entered back inside. "I don't know anyone there. I am going to get lost!"

He clears his throat, pounding on the wall dramatically. "Ah, hem! Caleb also attends Pinewood High too. He'll show you around."

"Oh." I agreed on the mention of his name.

"I need to talk to you later again," Dad says.

That brought my attention to sit properly on the bed. "What is it?"

The way his mouth open but close I can tell it was a secret that was juicy. I know that look from my father. His reaction is priceless.

"Tell me please, Dad." I implored.

Dad closes the door, leaving a peek inside. "Don't tell anyone I said this. It's between us."

"Tell me. Tell me." I can't resist.

"As much as I am in love with Madison I also love her children too." He murmured.

I chuckled. "So, what's the problem? I don't get it."