Chapter 37

Caleb

Gathering stuff from my locker to switch into my uniform to play offense, I close my locker and set the code combination back to the way it was.

"Boys I need you on the field!" Coach shouted at the reminder of us in the locker room before exiting again.

It was finally after school. A good game of football was exactly what I needed for today. I had a lot of tests to take again, work to transmit, balancing my college applications on time. Everything was a wrap.

Logan met up with me double tapping. "You coming Williams or what?"

"Go ahead! I'll meet you there." I saluted, making him run out the locker room leaving me alone by myself.

I wipe my towel on my face slowly.

"Look who show up again." I heard a voice that I didn't wanna hear right now.

Fucker.

"What? So you're just going to ignore me." Ryan voice got louder when I stay silent.

I didn't want to look at him cause I knew that I would fuck him over. Ryan was my brother since day one and knew me like I knew myself. I been there for him through his toxic relationships just like he been there through my family drama.

But none of the shit cost to what I witness on Friday night. I didn't want to think about it but him being around me makes it worse. I got up without looking at him to get on the field. "Move." I warned.

He followed me to the field where we can play. Coach already position everyone to go against each other. The rules were set and I was in the front ready to play. Ryan made his little speech as captain and gave us pep talk about training for the championships against the Fire Hooks now that we defeated the Wild Cats during homecoming. The Fire Hooks were one of the best top teams in the state. Their match were epic so us practicing them had to involve with a lot of tackling.

Coach blew his whistle when the game started. Issac passed the ball to Matthew, Matthew passed the ball to Kendall, Kendall tried making a touchdown but knew he was going to fail then he passed the ball to Logan then I scorn cause I know that Logan sucks at having the football in his hands so I motion him to tossed me then he successfully did. I made a run for it easing off my teammates who were trying to block me posing as the other teams we are suppose to go against next time and I found Ryan already by the net ready to block me. He tried tackling me but I pushed him on the ground and scored a touchdown!

Coach blew his whistle after I felt a strong grip pushing me down on the floor. "What the fuck was that pushing me like that bro." Ryan protested.

I frowned finally taking a look at him. "Fuck you buss boy!"

"What you say? You're foul for starting shit the other day with me."

I face him with a disgust look. "You're shit."

At this point our teammates just circled around us as both of us exchanged heartless words towards each other.

"We were suppose to be brothers! You were suppose to be Caleb." Ryan mocked at me. "Now you're a whole stranger I know."

"Look fuck off." I pushed him a side roughly.

Coach bump in and separated us. "Time out the two of you!"

I made my way towards the bleachers and so did he to watch what was happening the next round. I did feel for how we were going at each other like that cause I knew it hurt him just like how it hurt me. I didn't know exactly the reason why this war was happening but I say fuck it cause everything happens for a reason.

Carly

I got home earlier than before to finish off homework. I invited the clan over at mine to help me finish this project. Harry, Amy and Bella of course was over. All of us laughed and joke around while doing our work. When Harry left home earlier leaving us three Amy me and Bella together was when we started talking. Amy confess that she has been crushing on Harry for a long time and she hopes that he picks up on it. I pretended like I didn't know but I knew all along.

Shortly afterwards when the noon hit Amy and Bella left my room to go back to their house. I was finished with the project that I had to turn in by tomorrow. I went through my phone and realize that it was close to ten at night. The day has gone by so fast and I still haven't eaten cereal.

I spoke with Dad a few hours ago but I missed him like crazy. "Hello Dad." I called.

"Hi pumpkin! You're still awake?"I hear him ask me. "How's school today?"

"Yes, I'm a little tired. School's great." I answered exiting out of my room to head downstairs. "Did you went back to the temple."

"Nah, it was too scary for me down there! What!"

I laugh, passing through the kitchen. "You're way too funny Dad. This reminds me of the time we went fishing together and you thought-"

"That the fish was going to come back alive to eat me when your uncle help me catch it." Dad finishes it for me.

"You do remember!" I laugh opening the fridge. "Okay just calling to check  up on you Dad."

"Anytime! I'll call you tomorrow again."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and proceed to pour in the gallon of water. When I put the water back in the fridge I turn around and found Caleb walking in appearing from downstairs shirtless with his football pants still on.

I haven't seen him today. I would be lying if I said that he didn't scare me from appearing on me like that but the thought of what he did to me last time was enough.

"We need to talk." Caleb says, exactly what I was thinking.

"Oh, about you barging in my room whenever the fuck you want to." I snap cross my arms over my chest. This new me never curse out like this. But because that I was aggravated about everything makes me say it. "I don't get you! First you find out my feelings for you, then you went and trash me for it, now you're starting problems with your best friend because of it."

I expected him to argue back with me. I waited for it never did.

"You just don't know." He calmly says, shaking his head at me.

I raise an eyebrow. "Excuse you? I just don't know what."

Silence.

I glared at him but but bit his pink lip.

He finally continues. "You just don't know..." Caleb look at me with his hazel eyes through my soul taking a step towards me. "You just don't know how much you've been in my mind lately."

My eyes squinted in confusion. Is this really happening? Whoa I been on his mind lately? I thought—

"You been everywhere on my mind lately. Ever since you told me how you feel for me." Caleb continues taking step towards me. I close my eyes when he got closer to me. I can almost feel his breath. I didn't know what was happening but I make belief. "And I'm hating that it is there but..."

"But?" I open my eyes to presume at him. He was close to me. Waaaaaaayyyy to close. In this position you can tell something was about to happen. He —

___

Cliffhanger coming through

Vote, comment and fan  :)