Chapter 30

Caleb story continues

"Good luck in your game babe," Lexi grabbed me by my chin getting ready to pull me in for a kiss. "Love you babe!"

"I love you too princess." I returned her kiss on her soft cheek.

"Let go Caleb! We need you on the field!" Coach Armstrong shouted behind me almost making me def. "There is no time to act all softy now."

I rolled my eyes, getting ready to turn myself away from the audience. "Good luck Caleb!" A familiar voice shouted.

I turn to my left side and found the girl that I hookup with before I went to my last detention. She still looks fine right now. I'm surprised that she was cheering for me because I remembered that she wanted a serious relationship with me after our hookup and I wasn't ready for that with her. I send her a peace sign for a luck. "Thank you Winter."

"My name is Summer!" She hissed angrily storming in the crowd.

"Who cares?" I laughed darting towards my teammates who waited for me.

Ryan is the quarterback of our team. He was in charge of telling us how to play defense and line up behind the offensive line. He was our leader right after coach. If I was qualified to join the team earlier then I probably would have been quarterback. Football was our favorite sport when we were both younger. But I would be lying if I told myself that Ryan doesn't play football great.

"Alright Falcons! Our mission is to come here, play good and bring back homecoming. If we win against the Wild Cats tonight then there is a chance that we get to make it to the play offs. You gotta help me here! Micky, yes you, I was you to be the running back today! Try to ease to ball when its being thrown." Ryan continues making eye contact with all of us. "Listen... I don't have much time with ya'll but everyone needs to try their best. If we lose we still won in faith. If we win we already won in faith. What team?"

"Falcons!" We chanted together.

"What team!" Someone repeated.

"Falcons!" We all screamed again.

"What team!"

"Falcons! Getcha head in the game!" We all screamed bumping each other while wooing towards the field. I got in my position ready to score. The audience was packed in the bleachers. Before the game my the countdown to start my eyes bored in Lexi as she wove her hands to me screaming my name. I turned away to the exits and my eyes caught up with Carly who strolled inside with her friends. I watched as they all sat in the middle row with food trays in their hands. To my surprise I am shocked that she was here watching the game. She never understood football. I wondered if she was here to watch the game or for Ryan.

When the buzzer came on the game started. I was pretty fast for catching the ball that why I was the running back. People began to rose up cheering once we scored our first touchdown in the game. I even heard the cheerleaders cheering our mascot the Falcons. During the play was a lot of foul going on. It pushes the game to end later than it was suppose to. My team was bigger than the Wild Cats but they were still stronger too. That didn't stop us from scoring passed Troy Bolton and Chad who tried playing defense in the field. For two straight hours of a good play the score was down to Falcons with 27 along with Wild Cats who had 14. The Falcons team had won! Everyone celebrated from the bleachers once the buzzer went off. My teammates and I all playfully shove each other while cheering as everyone rushed to the field.

"Good job Caleb!" Coach Armstrong patted me on the back. "If you keep being a good boy you'll be quarterback for next term."

I narrowed my eyes at Ryan who was being lifted up by his teammates chanting. I turned back to coach shaking my head. "Nah man! He deserves is more than I do."