Chapter 51

Vote!! Comment!! Fan!!

___

WHEN THE RAIN dried out, I was nearby my neighborhood. As I leave school, I peddle past strangers, and other kids, all walking on the sidewalks. One creeps catcalled me while I peddle across the street. He tried following me home but I lost him through the forest. I grimace and almost tripped my bike from a rock. Ugh!

One of the other sides of my windscreen vibrates, when I peddle on bumpy roads, the trees wave dance. The breeze fingered my brunette hair, freeing several stands from my yellow ribbons. I continue peddling my bike home. At one point, my legs eventually grew tired of wheeling. The streets were busy today with people walking on the two-way sidewalks, vehicles passing by, and traffic lights flashing in this small town. Luckily I was able to continue peddling my bike on the right path.

We live on the hill, in the woods, that's why my bike was vibrating when I peddle on the bumpy route. Trees, grasses, and retail stores were lineup. I enjoy being surrounded by trees and wildlife. Almost reminds me of how city life back at home used to occur. Beautiful and phenomenal like Greenland. One time I spotted a thick deer off in the distance on the thickest campus nearby.

But I feel cut off from the rest of the world. Lately, I haven't been myself. It feels like Dad has gone out and lived his life here and barely has time to hang out like father, like daughter. I haven't lived that life yet ever since we moved here. I haven't really explored the environment of Florida. All I know is school, home, and certain places. There were a lot of opportunities in Florida— many people travel here for vacation on summer days. I still haven't traveled to Disney world yet. Visiting palaces, taking pictures with Mickey Mouse, or riding on cool rides. My childhood wouldn't feel complete without visiting my dream world. I feel trapped somewhere without a pulse.

I was peddling on my bike like a madman. My lungs were burning like they needed oxygen. I was still mad about that argument with Bella. Is that what she really thought about me? I couldn't believe we fought. I still couldn't believe it.

Best friends are supposed to support, cherish, and have each other's back. Back in Kentucky before my grandma passed away, she uses to joke about the reason why God couldn't make them sisters because the mom couldn't handle too much pressure so he lets you reunite as friends. Even though we met a few months ago, I consider Bella my true best friend. We tell each other everything, she comes through when I need or wants something done, and we never argue so this feels new. I still couldn't believe it.

Arguments are natural. Yeah, I know every relationship gets into an argument. But some of her words hit home. Lately, we've been distant, our schedules are different. Guess that I have been dreading too much about my life to Bella that I didn't know how it might sound from her perspective. Flashbacks start to play her voice echoes in my head.

She folded her arms. "Ever since your move here! I mean look you got two of the hottest guys at school drooling over you! First Ryan, then you got Caleb! Now you use to hang with those paparazzi girls!"

"That's not true! I'm still the same Carly. I always eat with you guys at lunch and we all still hang out! If anything, I get myself in a bad situation." I argued.

"To tell you the truth, I don't even hang out with Lexi anymore since I found out her true colors. Out of the group, Hazel still talks to me. I hang with you the most."

"Keyword, use. That's what I remember saying, Carly." Bella snapped. I gasp at her reaction. "You barely have time to hang out like how we use. Come to my house often, eat at Freddy's on the weekend, a joke on the phone about cute boys. The morning isn't enough or evenings."