Chapter 41

This chapter gets way interesting starting from here. We're still on Carly's current story.

Carly

A couple of days passed after I was running away from K. My life was becoming haunted because every night before I went to bed I would think about the things I never wanted to do in order to not be blackmailed. It was like someone had a control of my life all because of one footage I was afraid that would release because of the consequences.

I was on my way to school receiving a ride from Jeremiah this time. My best friend was suppose to gimme a ride to school but she claims that she was running late. It was rare for me today when I got a text from her saying she wasn't going to make it. I was use to her driving me in the morning to school, it was honestly the best time because we would crack jokes together and fill each other.

When I arrived by the school's entrance, I thanked Jeremiah before climbing out. There wasn't a lot of teens crowded in front of the school like last time today. Everyone headed straight inside the school's entrance as a teacher stood there with arms crossed making sure that no one was socializing in front of the building.

I went straight for my locker gathering some notebooks for my next class. The bell hasn't rung yet I was assuming that I was earlier this time. I attended my first class with Mr. Finley where I started my day off. The bell rung in time and people were now coming in the classroom.

We were working in pars again, preparing for the next assessment that the teacher warns us that it will be on the SAT. It was required that we knew about this assessment cause it will help us prepare ourselves.

I was able to get paired up with Harry this time. I was thankful because he was smart and got his work done quickly. Both of us helped each other find the answer for each question while the timer was put on.

When class ended, I got up from my seat, ready to leave but I was stopped by the door from my teacher with a graded paper that had my name on it. "You did an EXCELLENT on the last test Carly!" He exclaims handing me over the graded paper that marked a 97. "You have one of the highest grades in my class. I see that you improved!"

I smiled at my grade when I continued to blankly stare at the paper. "Thank you, Mr Finley."

"Why don't you come up during your free period to my classroom?" Mr. Finley insists. "I need some help with tutoring some students in seventh period."

I nod my head while stuffing the graded paper in my backpack. "I'll think about it." I told my teacher and he just gave me a pat in the back.

I was able to join the crowd strolling down the hallways again. The late bell rung and I had to rush to my next class. The day was going by fast every time when you laughed with some friends while doing the work.

SATs were coming up soon and I started to have anxiety when each of my teachers put a reminder to the class. I was demanded to study hard in order to reach a high grade. I wanted to get into a good college across the states someday base on the type of major I was going for. Yes, I know that college doesn't only check your SATs score but they also check everything like clubs, transcripts, your character, everything.

When it was my free period, I decided to stop by the library instead of the cafe by myself. People were already on line, entering inside when the staff member welcomed the new group in for the period. When I walked in the library the elderly librarian woman that was usually by the front desk shot me a warm smile when I approach her. I asked her for any books that can help you study for the SATs and she ordered a classmate that was a freshman to guide me where they were location in the next book shelf section.