Chapter 16

So... before all of you start gambling up on me, at least let me explain myself why I haven't updated. I broke my phone and my laptop back in October and it sucks that it happened at the wrong time because I was planning to get out two new chapters last month, but without having any devices to record my story... I can't. I tried staying afterschool to finish it, but nowadays I get lazy because I have homework to do. I haven't forgotten about you guys. I'll make sure this story finishes by next year or so (If I don't get lazy in that time of year).

I want you to all do a favor for me. Leave a vote in this chapter so I can feel proud of myself. There's just something about voting that really feels good!

I was in a rush for this chapter. I just wanted chapter 16 to be out already

Okay... on with the story.

***

"Your food is on the table," Madison told me as soon as I entered the kitchen after taking a long morning bath. I expected her to be mad at me for being in the bathroom too long. Instead she came out as calm and kind as she always is.

I just nod my head at her and strolled towards the round table that was located in the corner of the kitchen. My plate was there. I narrowed my eyes at my plate to find three cream medium size blueberry pancakes that appeared to be soft.

Mmm! By the looks of my breakfast I can already tell that it will taste delicious. I have to admit that when it comes to cooking Madison is great at it. I can tell she loves cooking. It might be her favorite hobby! Whenever I come home from school I would often find her either cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I grabbed my plate and headed towards the dining room.

"Thank you, Madison!" I beamed eagerly to Madison as I walked passed her who kept her back turn away from me because she was still washing the dishes.

"No problem, sweetie!" Madison responded back to me, keeping her back turn against.

Once I sat at the dining room table I found Dad sitting on the other end of the dining room table. In front of him was his breakfast; three blueberry pancakes, scrambled cheesy eggs on the side, and two slice of crispy bacon with a warm glass of skim milk.

His breakfast looked like he hasn't laid a single hand on anything yet because he was busy talking on the phone. I decide to move my breakfast next to him so I can eavesdrop. As soon as I did I watch him laugh while he remove his cellphone from his ear.

I narrowed my eyes at him hoping he'll catch mine. And he did. His matching dark brown eyes as mine looked happier today.

"Guess who's coming to the wedding this Saturday?" Dad prompted with a warm smile.

"I don't know," I joke. "We really don't have anyone we know from our family."

He frowned. "I guess I'll have to tell your grandparents they can cancel their flight to Jacksonville."

My eyes automatically turn big and wide as a watermelon. I couldn't believe my Dad brought up the news that they're coming! I haven't seen my grandparents for a good seven years now! They weren't my Dad's parents. They were my Mom parents. And seeing them appear at the wedding is just emotional in all ways.

They would always visit our home Kentucky when I was ten. Every time when I came out of class in the fourth grade they would always pick me up from school and go places with me. Like to the park, cinema, ice cream shops. I remembered one time when they came to visit I didn't wanted them to leave too soon because it was just boring at home.