Chapter 17

The lady greeted us with a warm smile before putting away her index card in her pocket. "I'll check back in with your orders in about eleven minutes." She says. "In the meantime... try our soft bread dish!"

The waitress set a stack of hot breads that looks soft on our table. It was too close in front of me so I can smell the nutritious smell of the bread. It made me wanted to just grabbed the whole stack of bread and eat it all at once in my mouth without leaving any. I knew that Madison probably would've been whammy about that... so I pretend the whole scene in my mind.

When the waitress left I didn't had no intention on forcing a talk. I didn't wanted to come out as rude, but because I didn't know what exactly could we talk about. There is cause there's nothing else to talk about besides the wedding. I just pick up my android and started going on YouTube to watch some of PewDiePie recent videos that he uploaded today.

I guessed Madison felt the same way as I did cause when I looked up after waiting for an ADs commercial that interrupted my video I found her fingers crossing up and down the screen. My next intention was either listen to music while I close my eyes and pretend that I'm falling asleep or find another one of my favorite YouTuber recent videos. All my decisions caught up into an end when an unknown message pop up in my screen causing my phone to vibrate. I was so bored anyways. I immediately hit that notification as if it was a winning prize. I looked and read the message from the unknown number.

Hey

I glance at the text through the screen. Who was this person? I tried clicking on the unknown number to view our history, but the caller and I had no history together.

Who's this?

I automatically send the text afterwards and waited for another text to arrive. I looked back up at Madison to check if her food had arrived and it didn't. She had already plugged in her earbuds on both of her ears and probably listening to some music cause her head was moving to a rhyme of a beat. When I swirled my eyes back on the screen my phone vibrated again.

U don't have my number saved in ya phone?

Nope, not that I know of.

Caleb.

I was a little shocked. How could I not know it was him? The last time I talked to Caleb on my phone was last month when I first move into his household and the next day I was supposed to get a ride from him that he had offer, but that ended up being a dub because he was just playing around with me.

Oh... how are you?

Alright ig
I'm actually bored tbh

Aren't you and my dad suppose to go somewhere today?

Yeah me and ya pops just came back from the city.
Where are you guys now

At Red Lobsters.

You guys didn't finished shopping around

We already did.
Your mom
Just wanted us to spend more time with each other

Aiiit
You still coming to the carnival with me this week?

When is it again?

Tomorrow

I'll see if