Chapter 44

Please vote for this chapter. I also want to say this chapter could've been more than it is but there is best effort at getting it ready.

___
"Oh, I'm dying!" I pretend to faint on the chair.

Jeremiah laughs. "Chill it was only spice in your noodles."

"Do you know that pepper is seriously not good for the tongue." I gasp dramatically. "This is serious... I won't make it!"

He rolls his eyes, continuing to eat his bowl of noodles silently.

My eyes widen in horror. "So you're just going to let your favorite person in the house die, Jeremiah! Wow... I thought you liked me."

He frowns. "Now I'll give you to the cannibals if you won't quit being silly."

Laughing at his reaction, I twisted my fork in my noodles before eating a spoonful of it. The noodles were so hot that I had to let it cool down in the bowl for five minutes. Jeremiah foods always taste amazing so why wasn't he a chef instead of joining the Military.

We were in the living room eating on the couch while we watched a new Netflix series. I was blessed to be cooked for this morning when I was late to school. I had already sent a text to Bella reminding her to pick me up early. My eyes were exhausted from staying awake last night. Emily is such a sweetheart but when she had a sleepover in my room she was too stimulated about gossiping on the new Barbie princesses movie comparison.

Even though it annoyed me for falling asleep at four in the morning, I'll give Emily a pass because she is just a kid who needs to be entertained. That is why yesterday noon when we were all at the park, we spent our spare time eating sweet ice cream, playing on the playground, taking pictures for memories. One thing for sure that I notice during the park was how Jeremiah was so good with kids it made me like having him around more because of how patient he seems. He wasn't trouble or had an issue with the disagreements. I can tell that one day he'll make a great father.

When the episode ended, Jeremiah was already done with his noddles. "I'm not suppose to tell you this but they're coming back from Tahiti in like two days." He stretches out. "Mom only wanted me to know so it could be a surprise."

"Now it isn't anymore!" I joke. "But don't worry! I'm very good at acting skills like how I just acted earlier. They really spent almost half a month there."

"Right, it doesn't feel like two weeks!" Jeremiah nods his head agreeing. "We should throw a party the day before they get back!"

I thought for a moment. "Wait... don't you think it will be pretty obvious if they see more things broken?" I shrugged my shoulders. "One of the walls I had to cover it up with a frame broke."

"Nah, they won't realize if we just host a get together with friends only." Jeremiah guesses.

"If it works! You wanna watch a movie tonight since is raining?" I asked, hoping he'll acknowledge my request. It was raining outside again and a foggy weather. This was the type of weather to stay home, sleep under blankets or watch a movie, you name it. "What better way to kill the mood."

"Sure, let it be only two of us."

"Great, I'll buy popcorn! I'm going off right now so I'll see you later." I warmly smiled, jotting up the couch, setting my bowl on the nightstand. I tiptoe to the door with my backpack on. "Ugh, now I have to wash dishes."

I was definitely not in the mood to stand on my feet again or stay in the house. If I stay anymore I knew that I would end up skipping school with a good nap.